Norwood Sawmills (www.NorwoodSawmills.com and www.FrontierSawmills.com) is a leading global manufacturer of portable sawmills and related forestry equipment which are sold throughout North America and to over 100 countries. Norwood sawmills empower resourceful people worldwide to build their best futures through wood.
Reporting directly to the Inside Sales & Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service & Technical Support Specialist will be based out of Norwood’s newly-built Canadian head office and distribution facility located in the rolling Oro-Medonte countryside just north of Barrie, Ontario, Canada. But, while Norwood may be located “in the country”, they engage in marketing at a world-class level that is leading the company to become the dominant global player in the industry.
In this position, you will be part of the team that is the main point of contact for Norwood owners from all over North America. You will assist customers to process their orders for parts and accessories, respond to their inquiries regarding shipping and tracking, provide them with technical support and information regarding assembly, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of their equipment, and evaluate and process warranty claims. You will be handling inquiries primarily by email and phone and, internally, working collaboratively with members of the engineering, sales, production/packaging, administration and shipping teams.
Passion for deep product-knowledge and how to get the most out of the sawmill is essential. This role requires a high-level of technical knowledge about the products and their functioning, a positive drive to service many customers daily about the operation of their equipment, understanding their questions and concerns, troubleshooting, and providing them with accurate, timely and thorough support.
• Be dedicated to providing owners with superlative service and support.
• Be passionate about sawmilling and Norwood and Frontier sawmills.
• Have and hone a masterful knowledge and operational understanding of the features, functions, components, maintenance and technical elements of all Norwood and Frontier sawmill models.
• Have and hone a hands-on operational mastery of all Norwood and Frontier sawmills.
• Continuous commitment to learn more about, and master, the equipment itself, technical history of previous and current models, technical support materials and promotional materials.
• Assist customers to process their orders for parts and accessories.
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding shipping and tracking.
• Provide customers with technical support and information regarding features, assembly, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of their equipment.
• Evaluate and process warranty claims.
• Communicate promptly and professionally to customers and fellow team-members.
• Support owners with professional, accurate, prompt, effective and well-communicated customer service and technical support.
• Collaborate with, and support, members of the engineering, sales, production/packaging, administration and shipping teams.
• Be dedicated to consistently using the CRM system and diligently following internal processes.
• Be an example of excellence in all respects including values, product knowledge, sawmill operations and functions, professional standards of communication, respect for adherence to internal systems and processes, work-ethic, etc…
In addition to the foregoing, the successful candidate will be expected to:
• Attend a few tradeshows annually; some travel and weekend work may be required.
• Share with the team responsibility to provide seamless service to customers by working a few mid-year statutory holidays (day in lieu given).
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Practical, hands-on experience band sawmilling; • Strong skillset in Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on a high proficiency with Outlook, ERP systems and CRM tools. • As the majority of customer interactions are by phone and email, strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills. • Strong aptitude for multitasking numerous daily questions and requests for guidance from customers. • 5+ years’ experience in technical customer service, preferably related to equipment support. • 1+ year experience actively using Zoho (or similar CRM platforms). • Equipment sales experience would be a strong asset. • Bilingualism would be a strong asset (French and/or Spanish). • Experience with machinery, hydraulics and electronics would be a strong asset.
The ideal candidate:
• Has unimpeachable integrity and is committed to upholding Norwood values; • Is dedicated to Norwood’s mission to, “Empower resourceful people everywhere to build their best futures through wood”; • Is empathetic to customers and fellow team members;• Has significant sawmilling experience;• Is very mechanically-inclined and is actively “hands-on” engaged with, and passionate about, Norwood and Frontier equipment; • Can think critically and make sound decisions;• Has excellent listening skills;• Has excellent communication skills;• Is goal-oriented;• Has a strong work-ethic;• Thrives in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment where, despite pressure, retains a positive and engaged attitude; and• Is eager to continuously learn and improve in all respects, and welcomes change.