Customer Success Manager/Director - Munich
Railsbank is the world’s leading global open banking platform that gives customers “access to global financial services” with 5 lines of code.
The company was founded by serial finTech entrepreneurs who previously founded successful and award winning companies like Evolution and Currency Cloud.
Since starting in 2016 in London the company has expanded across Europe, launched in Singapore and is currently extending capabilities in SE Asia, USA and Australia.
We are now scaling the company across Europe and SE Asia and looking for exceptional people who share the same core values to join team Railsbank.
Building on the high growth and success that Railsbank has experienced, we have exciting plans for further expansion.
We are hiring Customer Success Managers and Customer Success Directors, depending on skills and experience.
You will be a key member of the Customer Success Team responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Railsbank’s customers. You will bring Railsbank’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers and match these to the customers' business goals, driving greater business value and executive alignment between Railsbank and the customer.
You will be a trusted advisor to your customers, orchestrating Railsbank teams and providing best practice in areas such as adoption, business metrics and usage. The end result is increased customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of Railsbank’s footprint.
- You own ultimate responsibility for retaining and expanding the customer’s use of the Railsbank platform. You promote maximum value from their investment in Railsbank, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment.
- Coach customers to ensure they are leveraging all available Railsbank capabilities
- Orchestrate other Railsbank resources to achieve customer goals
- Working within an account team, lead C-level stakeholders towards identifying their vision by evangelising Railsbank capabilities across new use cases
- Where appropriate, partner with the customer to establish a transformational roadmap to ensure achievement of business goals
- Effectively network within customers from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful delivery of the customer’s outcomes, where appropriate
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Railsbank features and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the virtual team to build a risk mitigation plan.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving best practices and the evolution of Railsbanks’ functionality
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in your portfolio
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around topics such as open banking and financial inclusion
- Deliver successful customers for retention/expansion and, where necessary, support the retention/renewals process to minimise customer attrition
- Setting up customers, products and card programmes on the Railsbank platform
- Interacting directly with the Railsbank platform
- Helping to improve our tools and processes for Customer Success
What we look for in your professional skills & key capabilities
You’re likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent, with excellent communication skills (across all media) and possess the ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible, dynamic, fast paced organisation without having to rely on line-authority over other team members.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years’ experience across Consulting, B2B Customer Success or Account Management roles in Management Consulting, Fintech, Banking or Software sectors.
- Team-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to talk easily to people at all levels, along with the ability to work well and contribute to the internal teams locally and internationally, as well as polish and sophistication for conversations with diverse types of customers. Beyond knowing what to say and how to say it, you communicate effectively across the experience / management spectrum, can translate between technical and non-technical teams, and can empathetically communicate a customer’s pain to internal Railsbank teams.
- Experience and knowledge of core banking and/or payments and/or card programme processes and technologies, including familiarity with the database, application and network technologies used
- Gravitas to challenge and handle senior executives
- Ability to build relationships with and support new clients during the onboarding process and beyond
- Self-starter who is analytical and creative in their thinking; ability to quickly analyze information and creatively reach solutions and to execute their implementation.
- Organised. A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment that is fun, while serious as well (we are responsible for other people’s money and we take this and our regulatory responsibilities very seriously).
- Passionate, positive and open minded outlook. You are passionate about helping your customers maximize the benefits of Railsbank and understand the importance of success to the account and the individual and are able to contribute to the cultural aspects of the company.
- Technical. You have experience establishing, operating and improving businesses with the use of technology and are able to “talk the talk” with technical customer teams. You will be the first line of defense for customers who are having trouble with the product before sending them to our support team. You will have a working knowledge of software and its development process
- Energetic and Creative. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks; you love the creative process and think outside-the-box, wowing people with your interesting angles and quality work.
- Resilient. Never satisfied with ‘no’ for an answer; you’re able to withstand and recover quickly from difficult situations.
- Sales Oriented. You have a good understanding of customer’s organisation structures and procurement process. You can quickly recognise when growth conversations are needed.
- Market Aware: Good knowledge of today’s major financial services, open banking, cards and payments technologies, players and major up-and-coming trends.
- Adaptable. Dynamic approach and ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and to manage multiple opportunities concurrently.
- Fluent in English. Other regional languages would be highly beneficial.
- You are a Recruiter! Railsbank hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritisation
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
- Knowledge and usage of CRM tools to manage customer data
- Follow the policies and procedures in the Information Security Management System (ISMS) to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the information that Railsbank manages.
What we look for in our team members and our values
Being an integral part of the Railsbank team and sharing our values is important to us.
The environment at Railsbank is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. It suits people that love to collaborate and support one-another.
We are all driven by the same values and are looking to welcome new people to the team that share these values.
Our values are: excellence, accountability, work/life balance, trust, fun, inclusive, friendship, noble cause, and respect.
Equal Opportunities Employer: Railsbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.