Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Spanish & Italian speaking The Onboarding Customer Success Manager is a fundamental component of the PayPal Merchant Services Organization. As an Onboarding Customer Success Manageryour core responsibility will be around Onboarding PayPal’s largest merchants, including world renowned brands. “The objective of this role is to deliver best in class, white glove experience to ensure merchants have a smooth onboarding and prevent any issues during the first 3-6 months of their PayPal journey.” Throughout the onboarding experience the Customer Success Manager is expected to execute opportunities to cross sell or up sell, gather feedback on pain points, and deliver an educational message on Risk & Compliance Policy or new PayPal products. The Onboarding Customer Success Manager is the primary contact person for the merchant and our internal stakeholders, such as Large Merchant Sales, Compliance & Pricing. The Onboarding Customer Success Manager will be required to have a excellent knowledge of PayPal products and tools in order to provide consultative advice to customers during the onboarding phase. An Onboarding Customer Success Manager must also be capable of supporting and troubleshooting PayPal Product issues as well as provide information and support regarding PayPal risk & compliance policies, practices and assist in determining resolution for customers.
- Specific Duties:
- Provide account and operational consultancy during the pre-onboarding phase
- Attend sales calls when required to assist the merchant in the selection of the correct PayPal product for his business needs.
- Deliver training modules around Account Set Up, Reporting, Resolution Centre, etc. to ensure that new clients are familiar with PayPal procedures and processes that will impact their ability to manage their on-line businesses. (via phone or webinar)
- Manage the administrative toggles to support product features, risk toggles and pricing
- Request and review documents to ensure regulatory compliance is met
- Liaise with our Risk departments to ensure the merchant is underwritten and vetted at the correct level
- Act as first point of contact for all merchant enquiries during their initial onboarding phase (i.e. 3-6 months)
- Monitor account activity to ensure accounts deliver against forecasted volume
- Proactively engage with merchants around product functionality in order to assess user-friendliness and pain points
- Develop training material to help new merchants to self-serve and optimise feature adoption
- Identify areas that may lead to inefficiencies during the onboarding phase recommend process optimisations
- Document all interactions correctly in CRM tools to ensure data integrity is maintained at all times
- Provide qualitative updates on Merchant pain points and product optimisations
Identify growth opportunities throughout Merchant interactions and document them as part of the Customer Success Manager, handover document
- Engage with merchants on new products during pilot phase in order to gather feedback
- Responsible for attending ongoing training and developing knowledge in all areas of the department as well as industry knowledge relating to small businesses, risk management and on-line business practices
- Passion for PayPal and new products
- Strong Compliance & Risk understanding
- Excellent customer service skills required as well as strong verbal (phone) communication skills utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customer
- Team player with demonstrated ability to execute across a cross-functional team
- Confidence in preparing and delivering training decks (via webinars)
- Attention to detail and diligence around process and procedure
- Strength in solution-based selling and relationship management skills.
- Passion for working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Results-oriented to meet and exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Demonstrate a competitive spirit and thrive under pressure, always striving to be the top performer
- Understanding of what information is required from a merchant to create a value proposition
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with competing priorities – able to shift focus based upon organizational needs
- Strong working knowledge of PC & internet-based applications
- Ability to make sound, logical decisions while demonstrating a strong sense of responsibility, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proven track record in achieving targets
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and be motivated to find solutions to problems as they occur
- Min. Leaving Certificate or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- several years relevant experience required
- B2B sales experience, ideally within the Financial Services or Digital Sales space
- Must be Fluent in Spanish & Italian
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.