This is the role
This role is approximately 60% DGSA related activities. This is contributed mainly to our Ghent North manufacturing site as well as logistics storage in the region. The role also manages the regional Distribution Emergency Response Plans. The intent of the role is to grow gradually into a regional role serving multiple sites and locations. Until that time the role will also support Logistics Operations; these activities can vary from Transport Planning, Warehouse Management or other Operational activities executed within the Logistics Operations organization.
This position is based at the Logistics Operations Center in Ghent and reports directly to the Logistics Operations Manager EMEA. No other locations are available for this posting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Provide advice on all aspects of the transport of dangerous goods. The DGRR will support the application of dangerous goods regulations, assessment of covered operations for compliance with ADR, ADN, RID, IMDG and ICAO/IATA requirements relative to covered operations. Covered operations include all manufacturing and third party sites.
• Identify and implement regulatory changes affecting regional shipments
• Participate in carrier service safety audits
• Conduct Regional site and third-party audits for relevant DG compliance
• Ensure that personnel within the region are trained in accordance with applicable country, regional and international dangerous goods transport
• Participate in global distribution safety risk management, carrier qualification, selection and monitoring programs
• Responsible for regional transportation security and distribution incident emergency response programs
• Monitor compliance with the rules governing the transport of dangerous goods (assessment/Outreach/Targeted Training)
• Ensure regional sites prepare an annual report to the management of his undertaking or a local public authority, as appropriate, on the undertaking's activities in the transport of dangerous goods.
• Ensure we have proper bracing methods utilized at manufacturing sites and 3rd party warehouses
• Ensure pre-trip checklists and inspections are performed on bulk shipments
• Distribution Emergency Response Responsibilities
• Maintain the EMEA Distribution Emergency Response Plan (DERP)
• Manage EMEA DERP incident reporting follow-up Root Cause Analysis and EMEA DERP Measure
• Work with Corporate Global International Trade & Distribution Safety to ensure EMEA manufacturing sites meet CTPAT & AEO security requirements & Eastman expectations
• Ensure EMEA sites have implemented high security sealing policies and plans consistent with Eastman expectations and agreed upon EMEA variances
This is what you bring
• Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Sciences or related technical field preferred
• Candidate must demonstrate capability to understand and apply global dangerous goods transport regulations to functional areas involved in the classification, preparation and shipping.
• Candidate must be prepared to obtain the Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor certification.
• Supply Chain & logistics experience is mandatory.
• Logistics Operations experience with bulk liquid, packed chemicals transportation and storage is a strong asset.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with government agencies, associations and internal Eastman functional and business areas
• The ability to Provide solutions to problems, which may be complex in nature and related to the regulatory requirements and business needs
• Excellent communications skills in both verbal and written form
• Position requires strong leadership skills to deal with internal and external partners and to manage operational issues to ensure safety and compliance procedures are followed
• Self-Starter: Detailed and Results oriented.
This is what we offer
It’s about growth and your long-term success. At Eastman, your career path can take many routes—each offering growth opportunities, competitive salary and benefits, and a globally growing work environment. Eastman fosters a culture of diversity steeped in teamwork and employee involvement, a place where dedicated individuals turn great ideas into materials that make a difference in everyday life. We support and encourage one another and believe that leveraging diversity in our thoughts and experiences allows us to excel in business.