About The Role
At Cainthus, we work together on multi-disciplinary teams to develop a state of the art product with computer vision and data science at its core. Farmers partner with Cainthus for the insights we provide; therefore, the key to our success is ensuring those insights are decision-grade. As a Data Analyst, you will be working in the Customer Operations team & will be key to our data quality assurance process for our live customer systems, ensuring the insights we report correlate with the images our computer vision cameras record. You will own the execution of the process starting from initial implementation, to early-stage usage and through to business as usual monitoring. You will partner with our AI team to optimise this process. To be successful in this role, you will have strong data analytics skills and attention to detail in order to detect anomalies in data. Beside regular working hours, this work needs to be performed during the weekends which typically takes a couple of hours per day to complete. Together with other colleagues, you will be part of the rota to cover weekend shifts.
What you’ll do
- Assure the performance of computer vision models in new environments through comparisons of predicted and observed classes and activities in images and video;
- Proactively use monitoring tools to detect changes in the input and output data of the computer vision models;
- Review and compare changes in data to determine if a more in-depth analysis is needed;
- Diligently monitor & respond to data quality alerts and verify data quality;
- Use pre-defined runbooks to resolve the alerts or to escalate them further as needed;
- Work closely with the Product teams to keep up-to-date runbooks providing improvement suggestions;
- Work alongside the Product team to troubleshoot new issues and to document them in new runbooks;
- Create and Execute a testing schedule to ensure a scaled-down version of the New Customer/Feature Monitoring is run periodically for all customers and all features;
- Work alongside our external partner to identify incorrect annotation and coach them on how to improve their quality;
- Identify new ways to improve the Data Quality Assurance process and accuracy;
- Maintain an ongoing plan of periodic system checks that ensure all customer systems are reviewed regularly;
- Provide leadership to other members of the Data Quality Assurance team;
- Create & analyse reports on the data with Cainthus using Amazon QuickSight.
What we’re looking for
- University degree in Computer Science or a related technical/ scientific field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Experienced in data analysis;
- Experience reviewing data in a graphical format and recognising patterns;
- Experience using ticketing systems such as JIRA & Zendesk;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Somebody who will follow processes & document their work diligently;
- Good understanding of the importance of presenting customers with decision-grade information;
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation communication skills;
- Ability to provide clear guidance & feedback to our partners;
- Pride in spotting issues that others have missed;
- Eagerness to understand our customers’ work practices & be able to connect the physical world of the cowshed with the digital information presented by Cainthus.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in computer vision & testing the accuracy of computer vision models;
- Knowledge of common BI analytics and reporting tools & ideally with Amazon QuickSight;
- Experience using tools such as git, IDE, shell scripts to configure, launch and run toolset on the local laptop;
- Experience as a team lead.
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in Dogpatch Labs, a unique start-up community located in the historic CHQ Building in the heart of Dublin Digital Docklands. Here, you will have the opportunity to attend different events and meetups hosted by the tech community. Our benefits include:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family;
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching;
- 25 days paid holidays per year (21 days flexible and 4 set company days);
- Generous ESOP Scheme;
- Flexible Wellness Benefit;
- Family-Friendly Benefits;
- Sim card linked to Cainthus business plan;
- Bike to Work and Tax Saver schemes;
- Management approved education and career development support.
We are a growing computer vision startup based in Dublin. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We believe in taking ownership and want to be accountable for the work we do. We value transparency. We work together in agile multi-disciplinary teams, and collaborate closely with a group of dairy farmers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on their farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems and having fun along the way.