Data Engineer – m/f/x
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
You are passionate about Data, you are proactive and eager to learn, you know what it means to work in an Agile mode, and you want to join one of the key players within the banking sector? We look to strengthen our data engineering teams.
Within the Data Department, the Data Hub tribe is looking for motivated & proactive DATA Engineers. You have few years of relevant experience or are a young graduate ? We will give you the opportunity to work for several of our internal customers and gain key insights on how data can be captured, organised and enhanced, to support fact base decision making as well as improve business actions, throughout the whole Bank.
What do we do?
As part of the Data department, the Data Hub tribe is working closely with all the other departments of the Bank and plays a major role in :
- providing business intelligence reporting and analysis services and maintaining the related assets:
- for all the bank’s business lines and functions such as Retail & Private Banking, Corporate Banking, finance, risk, compliance, Human Resources Management and security;
- for all product-related domains such as Payments, Credits, Invest, Cash, Cards & Accounts, Shared Service Centre Cost and Accounting.
- for regulatory reporting like FATCA/AEOI, PSD2,Mifid, …
- providing prepared and raw data pipe lines to support ad hoc as well as industrialised advanced analytics
- providing prepared and well designed – Enterprise Data Model (EDM) compliant – data stores to be consumed by eg API’s
- knowing our – mostly internal - clients and always ready to help them or introduce them to new services. This happens in collaboration with transversal teams, following standard guidelines for approach and methods within the tribe.
- providing meticulously accurate risk management: we collect and process important data in the name of our clients.
- providing state of the art asset management guaranteeing compliant, secured, well documented and governed data assets, tools and platforms
Your future job
As DATA Engineer, you are a key contributor in preparing and making data available in a safe and secure manner, for multiple usages by Businesses and Functions, and for multiple purposes – reporting, analytics and/or dashboards, analytics, apps.
You contribute to the productivity of all Data Consumers by delivering well designed and running Data Assets, to be used at various levels: for specific local needs and usages, bank-wide for global usage, or within a specific Business or Function.
You focus on the functional design of the solutions to be built and/or to be integrated in the existing ecosystem, ensuring that the solution will be in line with company standards concerning quality and performance, and resource usage.
You elaborate and document the chosen solution, translate the functional requirements in technical requirements.
You follow up the development and testing to ensure coherence between the functional specifications and the developed solution.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT (Informatica, Computer or industrial engineering), in business administration or equivalent by experience.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and preferably speak fluent on of the following languages : French or Dutch.
- Having experience with data in any of the relevant data domains of the bank (product related, business related) and/or in Big Data technologies and platforms is an advantage.
- You have a strong interest for data modelling, structuring, good data understanding and data management as well as design and development of good practices for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing. Having a relevant work experience within that domain is an asset.
- Have the Agile Mindset and behaviours is a must have : you are a team player, you like sharing your knowledge, you learn and adapt fast. You a re open to give and receive constructive feedback and inspires accordingly. You don’t hesitate to contribute to cross-functional projects, outside of the boundaries of your primary role. You can manage your time efficiently and set up priorities.
- You are client focused and transform client wishes into documented solutions. You take a proactive approach, tackling problems immediately. You also inspires motivation and positivity. You are result oriented, a problem solver.
Your future workplace
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!