Richemont owns several of the world's leading companies in the field of luxury goods, with particular strengths in jewellery, luxury watches and writing instruments.
Our Maisons encompass several of the most prestigious names in the luxury industry.
Richemont has a strong ambition to transform its business model towards New Retail which will be heavily powered by Big Data. In this context, the Group has created a Group Data function and established a global data strategy which is currently being implemented. In particular, the Group is investing in state-of-the-art cloud-based data architecture and infrastructure which is hosting multiple data projects of its Maisons and entities.
To become a data-driven company, Richemont must build trusted data assets. Providing consistent and high-quality data to our data science teams will allow to unlock the power of data and develop new business models. Therefore, the Group is investing on data governance and has started to define and roll-out a Group Data Governance Framework.
In order to successfully deliver its ambition in China, Richemont is reinforcing its data and analytics capabilities and is looking for a Data Governance Manager
This position will be reporting to Digital Team and closely working with Group Data, Group Digital, IT and Maison’s business teams. The ideal candidate requires deep understanding in retail and luxury industries to drive data-enabled actions with data technology know-how.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Governance Manager will be responsible to deploy the Group Data Governance Framework in China and customize the model to fit with the Maisons local market needs.
• Lead the introduction, application and adherence to Data Governance concepts and behaviours across Richemont’s data and analytics solutions, ensuring we are meeting business needs while balancing quality, risk and cost
• Roll out the Group Data Governance Framework and adapt it to local China business and regulatory needs.
• Work closely with the Group Data Office and the Group Data Governance Manager on the improvement of the Group Data Governance Framework
• Build the community of local data representatives and expert with data governance topics.
• Follow-up the deployment of local roles and responsibilities working on data documentation, data quality, data compliance and data access management.
• Follow-up the design and enforcement of local data governance and data quality standards.
• Define local performance indicators and quality measures to ensure alignment with regulations, standards and roles and responsibilities
The Data Governance Manager will support data related initiatives to make sure they are aligned with data governance and data quality standards.
• Drive and actively participating in data-focused projects that require a data governance and quality point-of-view
• Collaborate as a data quality expert with key partners and the business to understand requirements and find creative and flexible solutions resolve problems
• Exercise strong leadership working both independently and with project teams to understand, research, determine, document and communicate data quality direction
• Utilize deep knowledge of data needs/requirements and continually expand business understanding as you work to determine effective solutions to data quality challenges, some of which may create issues for the business
• Utilize strong influencing and communication skills as you will need to direct analytics and business partners towards resolution of data quality problems
• Work to elevate greater understanding across the D&A and business communities of the role of data governance and the importance of sustaining quality data
• Contribute to the continued development and evolution of the data governance function at Richemont Requirements
JOB PROFILE (FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSE ONLY)
• Bachelor's degree in business or a technical discipline, or equivalent level of experience in a data analysis/administration, data quality, data governance, or related field.
• 8-9 years of relevant experience developing and implementing data quality and data governance standards, practices, org structures, support models, and achieving business objectives
Data Governance skills
• Ability to successfully champion the role and realities of data governance in building preserving data integrity and credibility
• Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
• Experience with data governance solution implementation like data catalog, data quality hub, master data hub.
• Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
• Experience in taxonomy governance to ensure its accuracy and consistency of the taxonomy - Experience in customer retail and FMCG industry preferred Digital Data skills
• Experience with data and information/content implementations involving collaborative solutions, predictive analytics and BI reporting, machine learning, knowledge systems, big data and the use of diverse sources of data/content
• Experience in taxonomy design and tagging in digital marketing platform
• Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies
• Expert interpersonal, written and verbal skills with proven ability to educate, inform, persuade, and achieve understanding and buy-in on data quality/data governance needs across different functions, levels and customers
• Extensive experience in leading projects with a team-focused approach - with the ability to prioritize, organize and manage deadlines
• Strong process orientation and project management skills to manage multiple project streams
• A combination of management consulting and industry experience is a plus