Our Telco client in Toronto is in need of a Data Scientist for an initial 6 month contract.
You will work as part of a friendly, cross-disciplinary, and agile team who helps each other tackle problems across all functions.
As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ the best methodologies in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Understand business needs and apply data science/machine learning techniques to address real-world problems
- Analyze source data (including structured and unstructured data), cleanse data, and support the building of data pipelines
- Build models and enable solutions using techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, natural language processing, deep learning, and/or statistical modeling
- Help validate, maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot the performance of machine learning models being used in development and production applications
- Ensure data privacy is respected
- Use visualization techniques to communicate findings and explain models
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Education in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- Expertise developing machine learning models in Python and using open source ML libraries such as Scikit-learn, PySpark, Tensorflow, SpaCy, and PyTorch
- Ability to communicate technical and complex concepts in a way that is understood by non-technical audiences
- Relevant work or research experience delivering substantial data science projects including publications, contributing to packages, deploying applications, building tools and frameworks
- Interpersonal and communication skills to enable collaboration with a range of team members with diverse skill sets and backgrounds
- The ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new languages, tools, frameworks, and to stay informed on developments in ML techniques and technologies
- Dedication to ensuring your work is well documented and version controlled
- Experience using Cloud infrastructure like Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with agile methodology and team-based software development workflows
Must to have skills:
1. Candidate needs one of the following:
- ~5 Years of industry experience as a Data Scientist or similar work
- A Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics or a related field with 1-2 years experience as a Data Scientist or similar work
- A PHD in the above academics with course work in Machine Learning and applied knowledge during schooling
2. Experience in Machine Learning libraries such as Python, Scikit-learn, PySpark, Tensorflow, and PyTorch
3. Proven demonstrated experience applying Machine Learning practices to Real World scenarios (ie building applications)
Nice to have skills:
1. Great Communication Skills
2. Boot camp experience (Machine Learning or Data Science)
3.A development background that they’ve transitioned to a Data Scientist role (eg Python development)
Project details: Working on the Data/Analytics team (Machine Learning)
Additional comments: Looking for a candidate with either the industry experience or the educational experience listed above. Not looking for someone who has 10 years of legacy DBA experience who recently transitioned over to a Data Scientist role.
Machine Learning and development/coding experience is very important for this role, will look at a former Python Developer who has bootcamp experience and transitioned over to a Data Scientist role