HUMMINGBIRD DIAGNOSTICS is a dynamically growing company based in Heidelberg. For tomorrow's health, we develop IVD tests for early disease detection, personalized medicine and health monitoring.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals as
Machine Learning Engineer / Data Scientist (f/m/d)
to build novel tools for data analysis and prediction as part of our data science and bioinformatics team.
- Develop custom and cutting-edge data analysis and machine learning approaches
- Work with large amounts of sequencing data for feature selection, prediction, and integration with public data
- Write clean, tested, and maintainable Python code in a team environment using git
- Engage in an open culture of feedback and learning and provide technical assistance where needed
- Contribute proactively to scientific discussions and provide regular updates on your work
- Stay close to relevant literature and advancements in the field of machine learning
- Handle projects independently and reliably
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- PhD in a quantitative field (computer science, math, statistics, physics, engineering, natural science) or equivalent experience
- Experience with developing and ideally publishing real-world machine learning solutions
- Familiarity with common data science and machine learning libraries in Python (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, … )
- Ability to write clean code and some degree of software development experience
- Know-how in cutting-edge deep learning approaches for handling sequences and graphs as well as probabilistic machine learning
- Experience in Biostatistics, R, Bioinformatics, NGS data, Computational Biology, or Systems biology
- Knowledge in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, or biomarker discovery in general
- Skills in high-performance computing, cloud computing, or relational databases
- Industry experience beneficial but not necessary in case of a strong academic background
- Great communication skills and ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team
- Curious and scientific mindset
- Interesting and challenging projects where you can make a huge impact ina great and flexible workplace
- Challenging tasks with a large degree of creative freedom and excellent career prospects in a friendly and international environment
- Dynamic spirit of innovation of a young and modern company
If we have awakened your interest, please send us your complete application documents and specify your earliest possible starting date and desired salary via our online-form.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR APPLICATION!
We are using the Recruiter on Demand service provided by Coredi Recruiting GmbH & Co. KG. This opening is handled by a Coredi Consultant.
For further information, please reach out to Herr Gunnar Mayr at +4989125039832.
Online application Print