Posting Date: Apr 15, 2021
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Job: Desk Strategists
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to-moment movements of the capital markets; analyzing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professional’s trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
The FID Data strat team is responsible for the data strategy across the FID business for all data types focusing on consistent data access, search functionality, data quality and controls, and meta data. We are currently looking for an experienced candidate who can contribute significantly to building a data strategy for the Rates e-trading business.
The work will involve constant collaboration with technology, strats, and the FID e-Rates business unit, so good communication skills and the ability to explain complex concepts to a wide audience are essential. The candidate will also be required to work both independently and as the member of a larger team.
- Work with desk strats to build up data infrastructure to support e-trading business
- Streamline workflow for on-boarding new datasets and data feeds
- Contribute to on-going development of data quality tools
- Help develop new data analytics tools for use by e-Trading desk
- High proficiency in Python (5+ years)
- Experience in statistical and data analysis
- High proficiency working with databases
- Proven experience producing client-driven results
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of q/kdb+
- Experience of data related work in a large financial institution
- Good understanding of financial data, especially rates instruments: treasuries, swaps
- Experience or knowledge of the e-trading business, especially as it pertains to rates
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: [...] dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.