We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Database EngineeringDatabase Service Delivery manage our databases, with a goal to deliver secure, scalable and resilient infrastructure and software deployment capability for global solutions.
Provide administration of production, pre-production,UAT and development database systems and assist in designing of the database tier for our global payments solution Provide a robust, scalable and high performance
production database environment working with system engineers, database developers and senior database administrator
• Responsible for Database design, performance tuning, query tuning and Database operations.
• Responsible for installation, configuration, creation and administration of Structured and Non Structured databases. Technologies in scope are Oracle, Postgres, Reddis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, MySQL and SqlServer.
• Design and Implement proactive monitoring of all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance or user experience
• Configure and manage replication (Master-Master, Master-Slave, cluster replication)
• Undertake periodic upgrades of database schema and perform testing and verification of released database schema upgrades
• Support the installation and configuration of Databases for high availability;
• Work on maintaining database security (roles, privileges, authentication);
• Create and maintain documentation, procedures and best practice guides for database deployment and maintenance
• Work with development and other support teams to participate in release and change management processes to implement new features/functions as well apply mandatory patches or upgrades.
• Given the nature of the organisation and the environment MPGS, the role may require out of standard hours work to minimise downtimes occasionally. The position may also require occasional periods international travel for training and business purposes, the successful candidate will possess a valid passport and be eligible for entry to the US, UK and Australia
All About You
• Solid experience of Database (technical) Architect
- Solid experience of Database (technical) Architect on troubleshooting involving underlying infrastructure issues.
• Solid experience in more than two of Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Reddis, Elastic and tuning with extensive experience as a Database Administrator in medium or larger organisations.
• Highly proficient in SQL with a solid understanding of database concepts (e.g. entity-relationship modelling, nth normal form, Object-relational mapping)
• Thorough understanding and significant experience of database backup and recovery, performance monitoring and tuning, data manipulation and migration and advanced replication technologies.
• Experience with Clustering configuration, setup and maintenance.
• Strong technical knowledge of database architecture, data storage and management principles, with experience using related technologies
• Experience with High Availability architectures
• Experience in implementation & support of NoSQL technology (Cassandra)
• Exposure to or good experience within the financial services/payments industry environment (e.g Banking, Credit Card Scheme)
• Experience with Unix shell scripting
• Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent qualification/industry experience within IT/eCommerce
• Any Enterprise Database certification is a desirable qualification
• Hands on approach to problem solving
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal coupled with strong problem-solving skills
• Exposure and practice with any or all of the following is a plus: Remedy, Jenkins, ITIL, CMM,Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
• Positive attitude with the ability to adapt and be flexible within a fast-paced environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices; • Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed; • Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and • Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.