We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Position Summary: Datastage Developer
As an Datastage Developer, you are responsible for:
• Developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism.
• Design Parallel jobs using various stages including Join, Merge, Lookup, Remove duplicates, Filter, Dataset and Lookup file set.
• Design server jobs using various types of stages including Sequential file, ODBC, Hashed file, Aggregator, Transformer, Sort, Link Partitioner and Link Collector.
• Integrate various data sources (DB2-UDB, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle, Teradata, XML and MS-Access) into the data staging area.
• Troubleshoot Data Stage jobs and addressing production issues including performance tuning and enhancement.
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Document and maintain operational procedures and processes.
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 5+ years of IT experience working in an Agile environment.
• Proficient in developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism.
• Extensive hands on experience in designing Parallel jobs using various stages including Join, Merge, Lookup, Remove duplicates, Filter, Dataset, Lookup file set, Complex flat file, Modify, Aggregator, XML.
• Demonstrable experience in designing Server jobs using various types of stages such as Sequential file, ODBC, Hashed file, Aggregator, Transformer, Sort, Link Partitioner and Link Collector.
• Experienced in integration of various data sources (DB2-UDB, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle, Teradata, XML and MS-Access) into the data staging area.
• Experience working with Data Stage Manager, Designer, Administrator, and Director.
• Experience in analyzing the data generated by the business process, defining the granularity, source to target mapping of the data elements, creating Indexes and Aggregate tables for the data warehouse design and development.
• Excellent knowledge of studying the data dependencies using metadata stored in the repository and prepared batches for the existing sessions to facilitate scheduling of multiple sessions.
• Proven track record in troubleshooting of Data Stage jobs and addressing production issues like performance tuning and enhancement.
• Experienced in Database programming for Data Warehouses (Schemas), proficient in dimensional modeling.
• Expertise in UNIX shell scripts using K-shell for the automation of processes and scheduling the Data Stage jobs using wrappers.
• Experience in using software configuration management tools such as Rational Clear case/Clear quest for version control.
• Experienced in Data Modeling as well as reverse engineering using tools such as erwin, Oracle Designer and MS Visio, SQL server management studio, SSIS and SSRS and store procedure.
• Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in banking or insurance domains is highly preferred.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.