The role of the Deal Manager is to monitor contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle’s risk. As a member of Contract Management you will assist Sales with:
· Full understanding of the Oracle processes associated to the negotiations and administration of complex cross line of business agreements, including License, Hardware, Services and Cloud (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS). Deep understanding of the Oracle policies associated to the mechanisms in place to support Oracle's customer transition from License to Cloud, including UC, BYOL and Customer2Cloud.
· Help in drafting and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts.
· Acting as a liaison between Sales, Legal, Business Practices, Revenue Accounting Team, as a Project manager in order to issue a valid contract in time
· Validating all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle’s Business Practices and Consulting Business Approvals/Process while maintaining customer satisfaction and responsiveness
· Assist with negotiation and review on non-standard and complex and generally high value transactions. Advise on Business approval requirements, pricing, licensing, and revenue recognition.
· Ensure contract activities is performed in line with Corporate Policies
· Help as a business partner to sales ensuring smooth closing if possible.
· Keep track of the managed deals and update in the system when required for helping management in revenue forecasting
· Help sales in complex deals based on Business Practice (BP) – and Licensing Policy
· Liaise with regional approvals on complex issues and get approvals on special sales constructions
· Investigate complex contracts when all LOBs included (License, Support, Consulting and Cloud) from Deal Management point of view
· Responsible for revenue recognition for complex deals
· Review contracts for segmentation issues and audit purposes when required
Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical communication skills.
Organized, detail oriented, and time management skills.
Experience in drafting is a plus
Negotiating complex commercial contracts
Ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines.
Proficient in Email, MS Word and Excel.
BA/BS degree or equivalent
Prior experience in high tech industry preferred.
Proficiency level of English and fluent in local language
Processes and invoices customer orders in accordance with agreed contracts. Monitors contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle's risk.
As a member of Contract Management you will assist customers, both internal and external, with license contract interpretation, negotiations and administration of licensing agreements including extensions, new business, invoicing, credit holds, receivable issues and consolidations. Draft and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts. Act as a liaison between consultants, Credit, License, Tax, Business Practices, Revenue accounting, and customers to resolve contractual and consulting business issues. Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle's Business Practices and Consulting Business Approvals/Process while maintaining customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Submit contract order packages to Revenue accounting for order processing and project funding. Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed efficiently. Prepare contract status reports.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical communication skills. Organized, detail oriented, and time management skills. Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial, federal, state, and/or local government contracts. Ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines. Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS. Proficient in Email, MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Oracle policies and procedures desired. 5 year experience in contracts, purchasing, or equivalent. BA/BS degree, Paralegal Certification or equivalent years of experience. Prior experience in high tech industry preferred.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).