1. Research the different regulatory compliance requirements that affect your employer’s operations.
2. Understand the environmental and regulatory compliance issues facing your employer and implement effective strategies.
3. Liaise with government officials, legal advisors, and both internal and external legal auditors.
4. Contribute to the economic sustainability of the organization by discovering and implementing measures to reduce energy and resource use.
5. Write reports and other public communications to promote your company’s sustainability initiatives.
6. Oversee and implement corporate social responsibility initiatives.
7. Implement, monitor and report on your company’s pollution prevention, abatement and control methods, as well as the total energy use and efficiency involved in producing your company’s products and services.