* Supply Chain and Logistics
Chennai, TN, IND
Visteon is a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, connected audio, and connectivity and telematics; its brands include Lightscape®, OpenAir® and SmartCore™. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has nearly 11,000 employees at 50 facilities in 19 countries. Visteon had $3.1 billion in electronics sales over the last 12 months. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
A top-three cockpit electronics player delivering a rich, connected cockpit experience for every car from luxury to entry
Position – DGM - Material Planning & Logistics. This position will report to Plant Director – Operations.
This position will lead & manage MP&L team to ensure that quality, cost, delivery and safety requirements are met within the suppliers and for customers. To ensure the daily delivery of customer schedules, the continuous improvement of delivery ratings and the management of inventory and logistics related costs
* Ensure that customer schedules are met on a daily basis following reaction plan procedures when schedules are not met and maintaining continual interface with customers to ensure that fluctuating demand is met. Ensure that customers are always able to make their build plan.
* Optimise transportation routing and aggressively eliminate the root causes for all plant responsible premium freights. Work with suppliers to improve their delivery performance and promote supply chain stability
* Understand customer and internal material resource planning IT systems to ensure 100% daily delivery.
* Continually improve delivery ratings to all customers, maintaining delivery ratings in line with Asia Pacific goals
* Lead the commodity management programme, by continually reducing purchased service costs while meeting internal customer's needs.
* Manage the total delivery operation inventory, continually reducing production parts inventory, both in-transit and in-plant. Also, aggressively eliminate excess and obsolete inventory and optimise end-item marketplaces to meet customer fluctuations
* Assess impact of new programs to manage introduction of new purchased parts, as a part of the timing and launch process. In addition manage both inventory dollars and days of supply and meet corporate inventory turns objective.
* Support customer RFQ process with logistics costs estimates and delivery service quotes
* In relation to supply management, work closely with quality, product development and supplier technical assistance to identify and quickly resolve supply issues, at Tier 1 and lower levels. Also, continually work to reduce transit times and also effectively manage suppliers from a distance.
* Ensure MP&L complies with TS16949, ISO 14001, VBOS, customer quality and delivery requirements.
* Lead supplier charge-back process within the operation.
* Support VMOS, TPM and lean manufacturing principles and related meetings with regard to continuous improvement within the operations, including build to schedule and dock to dock.
* Ensure proper standards of employee relations, discipline and effective communications are maintained within Company policies and procedures. Promote the full utilisation of the diverse skills of the workforce and through a commitment to equal opportunity, encourage full participation by all employees.
* Support regular safety inspection of MP&L facilities, ensure safe work practices are adhered to in respect of Company policies and procedures and aggressively work to close all open health and safety CCARs within MP&L.
* Ensures the local processes comply with the relevant VBOS processes.
Key Performance Indicators:
* Customer Satisfaction ( Surveys , Delivery Ratings )
* New Products and Key ECN flawless launches ( including Logistics indicators to project targets )
* Customer On Time Fill rate , Planning Accuracy and Build to Schedule
* Working Capital ( Inventory, Obsolescence and material losses )
* Overall Logistics Performance & Supply Chain cost reduction projects execution
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor degree in Engineering (Full time) with 17 to 20 years of experience in supply chain management
* Should have program management skills
* Should have strong experience in customer relationship management
* Should possess strong management skills
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Engineer or better in Electronics/Communication or related field.
Engineer or better in ENGENVMECH-Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Required 17 to 20 years of experience in supply chain management
*Posted:* July 4, 2020