Are you a passionate and technically savvy Senior Technical Lead or Solution Designer looking to take the next step into a more senior role, where you can focus on taking ownership for the end-to-end solution for large scale projects?
This role sits within the Consumer Finance Technology team, who are responsible for delivering solutions for our customers via digital and staff facing channels and will involve leading the end-to-end solution design for major, multi-year programs within the Consumer Finance Line of Business.
How will I help?
- Take ownership of the overall end-state for solutions, create designs to provide reliable, stable and operationally sound solutions that meet business requirements.
- Support the Solution Architect in understanding current state and impacts of solution architectures for programs, projects in other domains and complex projects and create solution designs from Architectural designs.
- Convert requirements into solution designs for projects that do not require involvement from a Solution Architect
- Provide solution assurance on all third-party solution design to ensure it meets the requirements of Westpac
- Management of Solution Design delivery across a project. Lead alignment of the end-to-end design developed by different teams and business areas, to ensure that it meets business requirements. Suggest improvements and provide traceability of lower level design to technical solution architecture. Lead the escalation and resolution management of issues identified in design that cross solution/application boundaries
- Engage with Testing SMEs, Quality engineering leads and non-production environment team to recommend and contribute to quality and testing practices and standards. Lead the diagnosis and resolution of issues that have been identified in test that cross solution/application boundaries
- Confirm the operational service management of designs are fit for purpose
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisations, providing expert advice regarding the domain. Can supervise and provide consulting activities and make recommendations and advise team members based on industry best practices and personal experience.
- Create a culture in areas of direct accountability that support the agile practices and values with the ability to influence areas of indirect accountability. Exhibit additional values such as fostering trust, act with courage, empathy, build and leverage relationships, develop self-managing culture
- Provide mentoring and leadership to developers and solution designers in the team to promote best practices. Demonstrate the ability to coach and lead collaborative work practices across the team; role model collaborative techniques to drive outcomes
- Ensure Lean thinking principles are utilised to ensure effective delivery of value to customers. Apply process efficiencies within sphere of influence, eliminating waste and maintaining continuous flow based on customer demand
What’s in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for over 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
- Background in the Financial Services sector, ideally implementing solutions for mobile wallets, payments, or credit cards
- Extensive experience designing solutions for enterprise Java applications with a significant integration footprint
- Demonstrated experience creating high-level solution designs for API solutions
- Understanding of application performance and capacity concerns
- Experience of implementing data security solutions to support a secure platform
- Experience with workflow and/or originations applications is desirable
What are my ideal technical skills?
- Expert Java, REST API and Web Services skills
- Atlassian tools; Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jira, and Confluence
- App Dynamics
- Performance Tuning of Java web applications
- Oracle, DB2 & MSSQL
What is it like to work in Westpac?
We aim to provide one big, supportive environment to help us reach our vision to become one of the world’s great service companies. Working with us you will discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture where people can be their best, in an environment that values diversity and flexibility and one where everyone belongs.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our priority and we will ensure that physical distancing requirements are met in all our workplaces as per Government guidelines.