Our people are at the heart of WhiteWater’s success and achievements. Why? Because of the way each of us views the world, our mindset, directly impacts every interaction and experience we have, each relationship we build, and the goals and outcomes we achieve.
Just as we as individuals are shaped by our mindset, so too is our organizational culture – the collective mindset of the company. At WhiteWater, we: Trust, Co-create, Respect, Collaborate, and Engage. When we cultivate a forward-moving, highly collaborative and fully accountable and committed company mindset, we are: High achieving; results-driven and knowledgeable; Enthusiastic, innovative problem solvers; Collaborative, supportive and inclusive; and United, trustworthy and trusted.
Whitewater’s SlidePath department is looking for a Waterslide Designer (Civil Engineering), Intermediate to join their team! This large and dynamic team, consisting of Architects, Designers, Estimators, and Sales Operations, is integrated into and supports the Sales Team. Reporting to the Manager, SlidePath, this role will be responsible for ensuring the waterslide designs are safe, fun, and successful when installed. This position requires an energetic, self-starter with a positive and helpful outlook to their work. The successful candidate will engage with customers and salespeople daily to deliver world-class designs tailored to the customer’s needs. The team utilizes CAD software to create slide path models, renderings, ride fly-throughs, and simulations to suit client specifications and help promote sales.
- Interface with clients and sales to identify and clarify the scope of work
- Collaborate with internal departments at WhiteWater to ensure the very best possible design solutions are provided to meet the customer’s needs
- Design waterslide layouts using SolidWorks and AutoCAD software; develop waterslide designs that incorporate safety, aesthetic appeal, site constraints, and fun.
- Oversee, review and issue client proposal drawings
- Responsible for timely delivery of client proposal drawings to Sales
- Create and maintain support tools to support the sales process
- Provide sufficient information to Estimating in regard to slide length breakdowns, slide support layouts, and tower designs
- Participate in the creation of Slide Design Parameter documents and incorporate these into waterslide designs
- Participate in SlidePath department continuous improvement initiatives
- Seek mentorship from senior members of the SlidePath department
- Continuous improvement of self
- Contributes to a culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies
- Respect for people through positive communication, consideration, and collaborative relationships
- Maintain and follow best practices in Engineering, Customer Service, Quality, Lean Management, and Safety
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Define and align personal goals with departmental goals
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Civil Engineering degree
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Experience using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software
- Passionate about customer service and being part of a dynamic team
- Detail-oriented with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to visualize concepts in 3D from a plan view
- Ability to learn new software tools in a short time frame and use them effectively
- Excellent time-management, communication, organization, and priority-defining skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Exceptional ability to listen, communicate and collaborate
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Accountability – We do what we say
- Collaboration – We work well together
- Customer Focus – We know and respond to our customers
- Communication – We listen to and understand each other
- Authenticity – We are honest and trust each other
- Resilience – We deal effectively with pressure, are persistent and optimistic
- Flexibility & Adaptability – We are willing and able to respond to changing circumstances.