Amazon’s Data Centres are industry leading examples of innovation in the areas of space utilization, energy efficiency, and cost effectiveness. We are known for our speed to market and reliability. We are the global team responsible for the design and operation of critical industry leading Data Centre facilities throughout the world.
Our Design Team is on the forefront of creating and delivering the most innovative products to our customers; and are known for being a diverse and upbeat team that is changing the face of Cloud Computing. We continue to grow and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. At Amazon we do highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
We are looking for a BIM Designer specialising in Electrical services. You will be creating and coordinating complex electrical models whilst linking those models with all other disciplines in a single model environment so as to fully build our Data Centre projects digitally before breaking ground on site. You will be Red-lining and/or modifying new and existing plan set documentation regarding Electrical systems.
One of the best parts of the role is that Amazon has a global presence therefore domestic and international travel may be necessary. Team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. Working within the team, you will depend on others to accomplish the required work such as internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
If you are a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems and in teams we want YOU!
Other tasks you will be involved in:
· Preparing and developing detailed Revit models of Electrical systems
· Updating and modifying existing models and drawing sets as required
· Managing the creation, issuing and revisions of drawings & models
· Coordinating of MEP services with all other disciplines to develop clash resolved models and export coordinated drawing sets from same.
· Creating and release data centre Electrical designs and collaboration in a fast paced environment to scheduled targets.
· Working on concurrent projects in multiple geographical location
· Working as part of an internal CSAMEP design team
· Providing coordination support for information requests during construction phases.
· 5 years BIM/CAD experience in the area of Electrical Building Design & services.
· Experience using Revit to design and coordinate large Electrical projects
· Working knowledge of building engineering and construction technology
· Experience in developing Single Line schematics and layout drawings and understanding the relationship between both.
· Experience taking drawings from conceptual design through construction documents
· Good understanding of Electrical systems and their configuration within data centres
· Experience in the establishment and management of BIM models including orientation, geo-positioning, coordination and the setup of review models.
The exporting of embedded data and schedules to spreadsheets