GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA's success - come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Responsibilities / Tasks
As a Senior Mechatronics Designer you are responsible for the overall design of mechatronics concepts and modules that are the basis for the design and development of electrical hardware and software for new machines and/or (sub)functionalities of already existing machines.
Your Profile / Qualifications
- You are part of a multi-disciplinary development team and are responsible for the design, development, maintenance and technical life cycle management of mechatronic concepts and models.
- You carry out system analysis, -design and -verification
- You gather necessary information from all the development disciplines and work closely with the Senior Mechanical Designer and Senior Software Engineer
- You initiate and maintain contact with external parties and manage third party (sub)developments that are part of the overall design
- You assist in test activities and document your work
- You support the mechanical, electrical and software engineers by providing advice
- You are responsible for the Functional Descriptions of the Mechatronic Functional Blocks that exist inside a model/design
- You follow the latest mechatronical development trends in the market and think of ways to apply them
- Occasionally you do the commissioning and/or service at customer site (international)
- You report to the Group Leader Automation
- Master degree in Mechatronics or similar
- 5+ years working experience in product development
- Elaborate and broad experience with Mathworks Matlab and Simulink
- Elaborate experience in creating models using “Model Based Design”
- Strong in algebra and algorithms
- Focus on practical approach, but with a strong theoretical basis
- Used to thinking in multiple disciplines
- Basic knowledge of C coding language
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, ability to interact and think on different levels with different team members/disciplines
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Affinity with physics
- Experience with servo drives
- Experience in the packaging industry
Did we spark your interest?