Requisition ID: 30642
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Control Automation & Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing discipline engineering design expertise to Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction and project management.
Hatch is seeking applications from a Senior Instrumentation Designer to assist with an increasing workload, including many new and interesting Projects which are leveraging modern design tools.
The successful candidates will work as part of a collaborative engineering team based in our Perth office, supporting engineering and field services. Reporting to the Lead Discipline Engineer, you will be required to carry out discipline specific design tasks in accordance with Hatch standards and adhering to and promoting the company's culture and values, specifically its commitment to quality and safety.
We are looking for individuals with the demonstrated technical capability to manage digital workflows and intelligent CAD tools. Excellent communication skills will be essential, as the role requires someone who can effectively coordinate with other designers and multidiscipline engineers to complete their work in a timely and efficient manner, in order to successfully achieve Project milestones.
Some of the key responsibilities of these roles will include (but are not exhaustive):
• Understanding the Client requirements and the project mission
• Setup and configuration of project design tools e.g. SPIN, SPEL, ElecDes, COMOS
• Manage the interfaces with other design environments including 3D modelling efforts
• Performing detailed design and drafting of electrical, instrumentation and control systems in accordance with project technical specifications and enterprise or project procedures
• Management of various work packages
• Developing engineering design details and special items drawings
• Using vendor data including drawings, models and datasheets to develop the design
• Implementing design changes in accordance with Project systematic and approved Change Management procedures
Qualifications, skills and experience we are looking for include:
• Advanced Diploma of Engineering or equivalent (E&I preferred)
• Proven design and modelling capability and experience
• Proficient in the use of modern CAD systems
• Experience working in multidiscipline project teams
• Ability to take instruction and work unsupervised
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Practical process plant experience
This is an opportunity to join a professional, progressive company and become part of an inclusive, positive and supportive team. You will be able to network and share with colleagues locally, regionally and globally to achieve your career aspirations.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.