Fenergo is an award-winning provider of Client Lifecycle Management software solutions for financial institutions. Whether your career is just starting, or you are looking to progress to a new challenge, Fenergo is a place you can grow personally and professionally.
The Fenergo Cloud Operations team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, network administration, and DevOps. The successful candidate will be delivering scale & security in the Cloud Models with extensive use of DevOps functions. The role will involve implementing SaaS / PaaS / IaaS delivery in a secured and operational manner.
What skills you will need to be successful in this role?
- 4+ years' experience in Cloud DevOps engineering or similar role.
- Expert experience in AWS administration and troubleshooting for two (2) or more of the following:
Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible Chef, Puppet, or related tools)
Expert of experience with System Administration with Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange)
Expert experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
- Experience with agile SDLC methodologies & software continuous integration
- Good Hands-on experience leading the architecture design, development & deployment of enterprise software at scale
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell
- Strong problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Proven track record in meeting deadlines
- Proactive and can work independently or as part of a team Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal commitment for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team.
In This Role, You'll Get The Chance To
- Develop and build automated deployments for Fenergos Cloud hosted solution.
- Develop and proposing CI/CD improvements.
- Proposing AWS enhancements into current infrastructure as code
- Troubleshooting complex deployment issues on a multi-tier cloud enterprise solution.
- Help projects to adopt cloud technologies, supporting them in defining requirements, building prototypes, proof of concept environments
- Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value to a global enterprise.
- Working with on shore and offshore vendors
- Work directly with customers, operations and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and Resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
- Clearly and succinctly document communications with customers within our case management system.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high quality technical responses.
- Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required.
- Provide input on automation, and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery as well as continuing to improve the performance and reliability of the network and the overall service.
- Help define technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process.
- Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output.
- Gather and analyse data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates.
- Interact skilfully with business stakeholders and third-party technical organizations.
- Work closely with architecture and security teams to deliver security by design for our client’s wider IT teams
- Document & present DevOps practices to internal team and wider teams to promote Cloud DevOps.
- Degree or Diploma in Computing or similar related qualification
- AWS Dev Ops engineer certification
- Linux Red hat certification would be a bonus
- Opportunity to work with clients and colleagues on a global scale
- Buddy system for all new starters
- Collaborative working environment
- Extensive training programmes, classroom and online, through ‘Fenergo University’
- Opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Fintech Product, using the latest of tools and technologies
- Defined training and role tracking to allow you see and assess your own career development and progress
- Active sports and social club
- Competitive company benefits, such as flexible working hours, work from home policy and much more