NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
Nike is always on the move. We are driving an offense that allows us to serve our consumer faster, more personally, and at scale. We are accelerating our greatest opportunities and putting decision-making closer to the consumer so we can move at the speed of the market. We are looking for a leader passionate about our athletes and committed to delivering game changing innovation.
Nike products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Nike Product Development team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. The Product Development Team leads the creation process, manages product lines, and maintains a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product team members operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether its basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: The Product team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
* The Product Developer coordinates the product creation process from initial concept to commercialization and production for assigned models.
* Leads on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
* Collaborates with Design, Brand and Category Management as well as Merchandising, and Manufacturing to effectively execute product development goals and deliverables.
* Creates and maintains appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is completed, including product specs, costing and prototype notes.
* Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
* Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
* The Product Developer keeps abreast of market trends, team goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process.
* Engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.Requirements of the position include:
* Bachelor degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
* Passionate about apparel development and manufacturing.
* Knowledge of apparel manufacturing, costing and garment fit.
* Ability to read product specs and understand relationships.
* Demonstrated project management and problem solving skills.
* Team player; able to work in an environment with high inter-dependencies between teams and cross-cultural colleagues.
* Staunch believer in continuous self-improvement, leading with empathy, compassion and team-work.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.