Learning and Development Associate (12 months contract) - Sydney
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
The Learning and Development Team within Human Pharma Sales aims to build and extend the knowledge and skills critical to the success of the Human Pharma Field Force. This is achieved through the identification of training and development needs and the subsequent design, delivery, assessment and evaluation of training programs.
The Learning and Development team work closely with a range of key stakeholders within the business, primarily members of the Sales, Marketing and Medical teams. In addition to scheduled training programs, the team collaborates on the design and delivery of sessions and workshops at national sales Meetings, product launches and other technical training.
Reporting to the Learning and Development Team Leader, the primary focus of the role will be to design, develop and deliver product training and resources as well as design and deliver skill development programs to support the Human Pharma Field Force. The role also involves providing coaching and feedback to enhance development.
The role will be well suited to someone who is outgoing, engaging, experienced in product and skills training within the pharmaceutical industry, receptive to feedback and a team player.
Tasks & responsibilities
• Collaborate with a range of key stakeholders within the business, primarily members of the Sales, Marketing and Medical teams
• Design and deliver training programs and resources
• Collaborate on the design and delivery of sessions and workshops at Cycle Meetings, Regional Sales Meetings, Hospital Specialist Meetings and other meetings
• Support sales skill development
• Coach and provide feedback to enhance development of sales representatives on product knowledge and selling skills
• Undergraduate degree in education, science, healthcare or business
• Pharmaceutical Sales or Training experience (1-2 years)
• Dynamic and engaging facilitation and communication skills
• Proactive, results driven with proven skills in time management
• Competent MS Office skills (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Success in contributing to a supportive and collaborative team
• Continuous development of professional knowledge and skills
Additional/desirable criteria (not essential):
• Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
• Previous sales management experience
• Demonstrated coaching skills and ability to deliver feedback
• Interest in technology and metabolic therapeutic area
• Completed any additional training (e.g. DiSC, Situational Leadership, GROW Model etc.)
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com.au and join us in our effort to make more health.
What we offer
Boehringer Ingelheim offers a competitive remuneration package including flexible salary packaging options, and industry-leading lifestyle benefits including attractive leave options, health insurance and a free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
We want the best to apply!
Boehringer Ingelheim is a global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and foster an inclusive environment which benefits our people, patients and communities.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of this highly driven and successful team please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the key criteria above.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to be considered for this opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with Boehringer Ingelheim. As part of our efforts toward continuous process improvement, you may receive a short survey pertaining to this recruitment process. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you.
It is Boehringer Ingelheim's policy not to accept speculative resumes from Agencies, unless the role has been released directly to the agency. If we require your assistance on any roles we will contact you at the time.
Human Pharma – Learning and Development
Primary Location: Africa, Asia, Australasia-Australia
Organization: AU-Boehringer Ingelheim Pty Limited (Australia)