Division: Universal Brand Development
Position: Retail Development Director, Southern Europe/France
Reports to: Regional Director, Southern Europe (France, Italy, Portugal & Spain)
ABOUT US Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world’s most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products International oversees NBCUniversal's consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel. Universal Consumer Products International is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
JOB OVERVIEW The Retail Development Director, Southern Europe is responsible for developing and executing short and long-term Retail & Marketing strategies for the local market that leverages the richness of NBCUniversal’s entertainment content to build a sustainable business that supports annual revenue targets. The suitable candidate will be responsible for retail sales for all Southern Europe/France based retail accounts in conjunction with the category teams and in addition, setting up and implementing marketing activations to drive ROI. The role will report to the Regional Director for Southern Europe.
STRATEGY - Development of local Retail & Marketing strategy by retailer type and by category
- Communicates strategy to managers on his/her team as well as other internal partners/stakeholders
- Regular liaison with Regional Director for Southern Europe and EMEA Retail head to ensure strategy alignment across business units and other territories
- Maintain current knowledge of retail trends, key seasonalities, buying cycles and changing dynamics for local market
- Uses new partnerships to sustain strategy
SALES - Develop, maintain and drive relationships with key decision makers at Retailers (from Top Management to buyers, including other decision makers) in conjunction with category teams to drive product placement in category and out of category
- Ownership of relationships with licensing functions within all local retail accounts
- Work on the creation and delivery of targeted retailer presentations to pitch, support or launch licensing programs
- Analysis of business performance for all key retail accounts and development of objectives and strategies to drive growth
- Identify new business opportunities across local retail base to support incremental revenue growth – new categories and growing retailers
- Joint business planning with key licensees to deliver retail plans and to ensure cross-category engagement/participation
- Attendance and presentation participation in licensee/partner presentations
MARKETING - Manage the local retail marketing budget, ensuring a maximum ROI
- Develop, present and execute sales driving retail marketing initiatives for all key local retailers in line with brand guidelines and individual retailer expectations - events, digital, print, radio, TV, cinema, social, trading banners, POS etc.
- Brief and manage external agencies as appropriate, ensuring projects are delivered according to budget and on time
- Management of all local retail marketing approvals
- Close working relationship with local Brand Marketing Manager to ensure alignment and delivery against overall business objectives
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE - Licensing and/or retail background essential
- Strong understanding of brand positioning and retail trends
- Excellent salesperson and commercial thinker
- Idea generator and ability to execute creatively
- Executive presence
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Team Player.
- Builds and leads teams. Ability to delegate and mentor his/her Team.
- Driven, passionate and highly motivated. Strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.