Amazon Studios has an opening for a SCRIPTED television and movies to look after the creative demands of fiction series and films. The ideal candidate should have previous experience as a seller (writer/producer/studio) or /commissioner (network/studio) in both development and production along with a deep knowledge of the creative and business challenges in honing TV and film programming from idea to launch. Must have proven creative instincts selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting SCRIPTED projects as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationships.
Day to day tasks include:
· Oversee TV shows and/or FILMS: 1) in development, including evaluation of source material, concept and character development as well as business matters such as deals with key parties; 2) current production matters including packaging of CAST, showrunners, directors, field producers and editor; 3) be available to travel to domestic and international locations for pre-production, production and post-production; 4) seeing projects through from idea to delivery, with a creative focus as well on working with creative heads on editing of episodes and management of final creative deliverables.
· Manage relationships with talent and key partners and depth of knowledge in the Brazilian film and TV industry and beyond.
· Exercise excellent creative and business judgement, especially in spotting the potential in ideas.
· Builds relationships with creators, directors, producers, production companies, artist representatives and creative community.
· Understand the nuts and bolts of scripted production/production management and participate in all aspects of pre-production, shooting, and post from budget and casting to production issues in the field to editing and final delivery.
· Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon’s quality and creative standards.
· Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.