Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a world-class partner and sales manager to manage the Government vertical relationship with strategic AWS consulting partners. As a Partner Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to accelerate adoption of AWS cloud computing services through Global & Regional System Integrator and their customers in Government.
AWS partners develop and deploy solutions for customers in Government Entities to support them on their digital transformation journey. They help customers address key industry drivers to build a digital future, transform legacy and rapidly create innovative solutions, manage risk more effectively and deliver the level of service today’s citizen’s expect. Focused on dozens of solution areas including Advanced Analytics, Business Applications, Big Data, IoT, Migration, Managed Services, Digital Transformation and Industry Verticals. The ideal candidate will possess both a strong sales background that enables them to engage at the CxO level, as well as a solid technical sales background that empowers them to easily interact with technical leaders within and outside of AWS. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Own Large Government Sector System Integrator account relationships.
· Manage a territory of a number of large systems integrators, developing and advancing relationships and growing AWS revenue to and through these partners.
· Maintain an accurate and robust System Integrator/VAR pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
· Understand and navigate contracting vehicles and procedures.
· Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Understand the technical considerations and certifications
· Execute the strategic sales & business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
· Work closely with the AWS sales teams to build relationships with the SIs in your territory and foster joint pursuits.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.