Role: Strategic Partner Development Manager, Thailand
The VMware WPCO is a strategic pillar and seen as the growth engine for the company. We are looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast paced working environment and who can play an integral role in developing Strategic relationships within our top Global System Integrator (GSI) such as Accenture, DXC etc.
Reporting to the SouthEast Asia & Korea Strategic Partner and OEM leader, you will be based in Bangkok and creating and managing the executive relationships, joint engagement, practice development and market penetration to increase VMware’s wallet share with the Strategic Partners and deliver superior services for joint customer success. You will create and execute joint strategic plans and drive market development activities that ultimately accelerate VMware technology adoption for the partners’ Consulting, Implementation and Managed Services capabilities. The ideal candidate will have significant experience operating at the senior executive levels (ideally leveraging existing relationships) and developing practices that enable partners to support customer’s end to end lifecycle services.
Well suited to a high-energy autonomous individual with a diverse set of skills including the ability to identify and create lasting relationships, joint strategy development with business planning, services/practice development and great communication skills.
· 10+ years of Practice Development, GSI partner management experience is preferred to be considered for this position.
· This is a senior role therefore you must exhibit excellent business literacy and acumen with the ability to build and articulate joint business value whilst interfacing at the senior management and C-level with ease.
· Adept at moving quickly between low-level execution and high-level strategic thinking.
· You must be able to engage in the most strategic, whilst executing in the very tactical as needed.
· Preferably, a good understanding and experience working with GSI.
· Experience working directly for these partners is a plus as is prior direct selling experience.
· Superior relationship building skills across both internal and partner stakeholders creating win-win where possible.
· Representing the brand and interests of VMware is paramount.
· Excellent executive communication and presentation skills.
· Proven track record of exceeding business performance objectives.
· Fast pace and high growth company experience a plus.
· High degree of business acumen with sales, marketing, and solution development
· Capable of performing within a dynamic virtual team environment.
· Conflict resolution skills are essential.
· Develop and execute a global strategic joint business plan which drives all aspects of the partner relationship including; executive interlocks and cadence, solution and industry focus and investment, business development, enablement and certification plans, demand marketing, solution development etc.
· Present and promote the VMware value proposition and its capabilities leveraging your extended team as needed to enable the partner to build a profitable and sustainable VMware business by understand the value and investment payback.
· Practice Development that increases VMware’s technology adoption in consulting, implementation and managed services
· Manage all aspects of your partner relationship.
· Source new opportunities for our sales team via your partner ecosystem and support them during the sales motion.
· Develop and execute capacity plans to assure partner is well positioned to deliver successful customer implementations with high degrees of customer success and satisfaction (certifications, project experience etc).
· Collaborate with Marketing teams on both sides to build and execute joint demand generation plans (CxO Roundtables, Joint events etc).
· Support joint sales pursuit activities.
· Develop and execute joint solution development plans with emphasis on targeting industry verticals and markets.
· Provide regular communication and transparency to promote the success of the partnership both internal and external.
· Lead regular business performance / relationship reviews with VMware management.
· Build and maintain activity and performance reports and dashboards.
· Update the internal CRM system with activities and information as needed and aligned to senior management expectations.
· Manage all MSP (Managed Services) opportunities for your partners providing coverage for the VMware account teams.
· Act with integrity and respect for all.
· 10+ min years in Global System Integrator or advisory alliance management or experience working within these partners in either vendor or alliance management positions.
· Proven sales or channel track record
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-07
Pop Culture Tech Podcast 1.1: In the Eye of the StormVMware R...
How Closed-Loop Automation Advances Network AutomationVMware...
Human-Robot Collaboration: 20 Questions with Artist-Researche...
Becoming a Champion of Digital Employee ExperienceVMware Radi...
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware Talent Community is the place for you to do just that.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.