Requisition ID: 285993
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Concur is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel, expense, and invoice management solutions. By connecting data, applications, and people, our cloud-based solution provides to more than 50 million users an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens.
As we extend our engineering capacity in Bangalore, we are looking for two hands-on development managers to lead a newly formed teams. Each team will comprise of 7-8 developers and take end-to-end ownership of specific services and product areas. While process execution skills are necessary for this role, the candidate must also possess a strong delivery ethos coupled with a willingness to engage deeply and creatively to solve problems and remove obstacles in order for the team to be successful.
• Work with Technical Product Management to inform product strategy and prioritise development work in line with business needs.
• Lead the Agile (SCRUM) development team to deliver high quality, robust product features and architecture changes.
• Work with the SAP Concur Bangalore Development Director and global Area Principal to evolve the SDLC and operational support.
• Proactively manage team personnel related issues (e.g. salary, promotions, goals, coaching, development).
• Manage both internal and external dependencies required for the product development and feature delivery
• Problem solving and issue resolution necessary to unblock team deliveries
• Enhance and maintain continuous integration with best practices such as zero-downtime deployments, canaries, frequent deployments, and feature-flag-driven development.
• Compliance with global security and technical mandates and standards
• Delivery against commitments of technical and functional product roadmap items
• Engineering degree in computer science or equivalent in technical discipline.
• 14+ years of hands-on software development experience in similar technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience with container ecosystems (Docker, Helm, Kubernetes) and ideally AWS primitives (such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, Dynamo, etc.)
• Able to adapt to changing working conditions and assignments and work across organisations and geographies to solve problems blocking team progress.
• Possess solid interpersonal and team-building skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English. Must be comfortable collaborating internationally
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: SAP, Engineer, Developer, ERP, Product Development, Technology, Engineering, Research