Requisition ID: 273220
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role Information:
We are looking for a Development Manager to lead an engineering team for cloud native projects who is eager to make an impact on a big scale at SAP. The team uses the latest concepts of cloud development such as microservices, Kubernetes, service mesh, and others to solve enterprise requirements across SAP. Based on these learnings, the team also enables development teams across SAP to leverage these concepts.
- You contribute to the success of our customers and SAP colleagues by leading development teams that build and deliver key components for SAP’s cloud technology strategy.
- You are eager to make a lasting impact by recruiting, forming and empowering a high-performing engineering team, where you nurture world-class engineering excellence and foster individual career growth.
- You work collaborate strongly with your team and other stakeholders in an agile process. You take end-to-end responsibility. The services and knowledge of your team enable other teams at SAP to deliver their large-scale cloud native applications following DevOps best practices.
- You mentor software engineers, architects, and product owners to help them achieve their professional and personal development goals.
Experience (Role Requirements):
Required qualifications are:
- Track record in delivering cloud native services with high engineering excellence using DevOps and continuous delivery
- Proven ability to lead large projects and motivate team members
- Background in software engineering-related roles like development, site reliability engineering, or product management
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and German
- Experience in the SAP technology ecosystem
- Strong network among SAP teams working on applications and technology, as well as within the technology community and universities of Berlin area
We are looking for candidates with at least 5 years of professional experience.
About the team
As part of the Intelligent Enterprise and Cross Architecture unit within SAP Product Engineering, our Cloud Innovation & Enablement team defines central architectural patterns at SAP and helps others achieve those patterns.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.