At Everledger, we are at the forefront of transformational technologies. We are building the world’s first platform for object provenance, providing the underlying story of high-risk assets. We are looking for individuals who are ready to make an impact and able to thrive in a rapidly growing environment. Exponential growth, amazing technology and talented people are all great reasons to join Everledger.
Everledger provides exciting opportunities using cutting edge technologies, cutting across multiple disciplines such as DLT, IoT, AI and machine vision. We consider ourselves to be platform agnostic, with core DLT engineering primarily leveraging Hyperledger Fabric.
We are a distributed team with development centres around the world, and we’re looking for a Front End Development Manager that will be responsible for managing the front end development team. You will be leading a small team of 3-5 front end developers and will be expected to actively work on development tasks as well. The team supports our Product roadmap, which is focused on building real-world solutions by delivering breakthrough solutions to industries where transparency, trust and provenance matter most. This role is a great opportunity to learn about blockchain and distributed ledger technology, and to become part of a company with blockchain applications in production.
You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering, and will be working closely with the product owners, design team, scrum masters, and key stakeholders from the business team. You and your team will work with modern frontend technologies as well as backend services, in a fast growing organization and environment. To be successful in this role, you will have a startup mentality. You will roll with the punches and work with the team to help us overcome the challenges we will face.
- Manage a Front End development team that is responsible for building a world class UI for the products we are developing
- Be a technical leader for the frontend engineering team, providing insights into best practices, and establishing development processes and procedures
- Work with the Head of Engineering and the product owners to ensure timely delivery of features in the product roadmap
- Provide input on level of effort and come up with capacity planning for effective resourcing planning
- As the leader of a small team, you are expected to have hands-on experience in developing interactive and data-drive UI components.
- Perform code reviews and provide critical suggestions for fixes and improvements
- Work with engineers and your team to identify opportunities for technical skill growth and development
- Be a technical mentor for the team by facilitating brainstorming sessions on new technologies and patterns and invest in uplifting the skills of the development team
- Own technical designs, code development, and component test execution to demonstrate alignment to the functional specification for product features
- Experience in X-browser testing with browserstack or similar
- A deep understanding of web technology stack
- Experience using configuration management and integration/build automation tools for code deployment
- Experience with test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture
- Experience working with distributed, global teams
- Wellness Budget - An annual allowance to invest in your physical and mental well-being.
- Learning and Development - When our people develop, so do we. We offer an internal learning programme, study leave and sabbaticals to support your further education.
- Shares - We have incredibly loyal employees and we reward that loyalty in our ESOP scheme.
- Flexible Working - Employees have the freedom to optimise their own work schedules. This includes the ability to work from home and time off in lieu.
- Birthday leave - An additional day off each year to kick back and celebrate your birthday!
- Social Events - We might work hard, but we never forget to spend time together, celebrating our wins and having fun.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF CANDIDATES , WE ARE UNABLE TO NOTIFY ALL UNSUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES