As a SAP Development Technical Lead, you will lead and manage your team to deliver technical development expertise and solutions including, but not limited to, ABAP, SAP PI/PO, SAP UI5, Netweaver, SAP Cloud Integration, and SAP Cloud Platform; within the Finance, Controlling and Reporting Business Area.
You will provide state-of-art support for the SAP FICO systems maintenance, enhancements and integrations to other systems. You'll also participate in project implementation, design and development activities, to ensure and support successful business adoption of new solutions, ongoing production support and post go-live enhancements.
You will collaborate with variety of partners, internally and externally, to understand business needs and develop solutions that create value, backed by data, while following technical implementation best practices.
Using your vast SAP knowledge, you will seek opportunities to mentor others, helping to improve skills and competencies across the organization. While continuously looking for ways to improve our service, increase customer satisfaction and enhance the user experience.
As a leader in a customer centered organization, you will consistently represent our customer’s best interests when communicating with your Team, Stakeholders, Partners and Leadership organization.
- Lead a team of highly skilled developers and guide them to deliver technical development expertise and solutions, within the finance, controlling and reporting areas. Using a variety of development tool kits, including, but not limited to, ABAP, SAP PI/PO, SAP UI5, Netweaver, SAP Cloud Integration, and SAP Cloud Platform.
- Understand SAP architecture and landscape and apply this knowledge
- Provide integration architecture guidance to functional teams to build functional designs, prepare the technical design based on specifications, estimate workload, and contribute to process improvement involving code development and design to meet required SLAs.
- Design complex cross-functional solutions for others to code. Provide mentoring and guidance to other developers.
- Set technical development team strategy and direction, to optimize the delivery, while continuously seeking opportunities to improve solutions and processes for better customer value.
- Demonstrate broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction; exert influence outside of immediate team and drive change.
- Perform quality assurance on delivered solutions and documentation, while ensuring best practice adherence and security compliance.
- As the owner of the Design and Development Guidelines, you will ensure code reviews are conducted, for all developments (internal and partner delivery).
- Foster and promote an environment of challenge, growth, collaboration and mentoring, within the team. Demonstrated by increase in competencies, skill set growth, knowledge sharing initiatives and collaborative deliveries.
- Build trust through regular and meaningful touch points and status updates to key partners.
Your Skills and Experience
SAP Finance - Development Team Lead
your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Leadership and Management Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated influencing skills, high level of technical and team leadership skills.
- Excellent team building and mentoring capabilities.
- Possess interpersonal skills to engage and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize efficiently, managing time and capacity constraint.
- Purposeful use of delegation.
- Self-starter to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Familiarity and comfort in working with a variety of support models with onsite & offshore resources
- Proven experience completing assigned tasks on multiple projects with tight deadlines successfully
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills able to identify flexible and forward-thinking IT solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications – ability to communicate and gain trust, at all levels of the organization, both business and IT
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong client services orientation and accustomed to taking an active role in executing engagements and project plans/tasks.
- Strong understanding of systems development life-cycle, system implementation methodologies, and object-oriented programming, such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum and associated best practices.
- Achievement oriented and entrepreneurial.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Spanish and/or German is a plus.
- Proven self-driven interest and proactive engagement, in personal and professional development.
- High level of personal integrity
- Self-motivating and delivery focused
- Ability to build credibility quickly with key internal and external audiences
- Ability to work across multiple functions and geographies
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills. Capable of dealing with both technical, functional and business experts
Primary work location is Barcelona. This position requires approximately 5% of travel per year. You can apply by clicking on the button “Apply online”
Who we are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It’s a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.