We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
As a DevOps Enablement engineer, you are part of the DevOps Excellence team within R&D Operations. The main mission of the DevOps Enablement is to make the pattern « You Build it, you run it » a reality for the Products teams. You are responsible for making the Product Engineering teams more autonomous, for allowing them to create better products faster, and solving customer problems.
You are ensuring this mission by being facilitators and culture enablers of the change, by sustaining/empowering/implementing reliability and performance, and by implementing SRE best practices and tooling.
You are working closely with all counterparts of R&D, including Development teams, Infra Platform and QA.
Being a facilitator and culture enabler of the change
· Regular exchange, Training and Knowledge sharing sessions
o Training about technologies (such as Flux/Kubernetes)
o Organize coding dojo (such as helm charts best practices)
· Coaching to make "You build it, you run it" part of teams' DNA
· Empower products teams to be autonomous (access, tools, information, etc...):
o Provide read only access to production
o Implement a project bootstrap packaging
Sustaining/empowering/implementing Reliability and Performance
· Empower teams to build metrics about lean/devops/agile
o Automation metrics to minimize manual tasks
· Introduce Chaos engineering and FinOps in all environments (inc. prod)
Implementing SRE best practices and tooling
· Implement, maintain and/or use tooling/framework to promote "You build it, you run it" pattern
· Research and select frameworks/technologies
Skills and experience:
· Believe in DevOps philosophy
· Experience in defining and evangelizing cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability, scalability and performance
· Creative problem solver and solutions developer
· Work in an Agile context
· Autonomous, strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Working knowledge of DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (Git, Jenkins), and some scripting languages (such as Python, Bash, Go, or Groovy)
· Working knowledge of Cloud deployments (AWS / Azure) and Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
· Experience in software development and testing tools & methodologies (unit tests, integration tests, load testing, performance...)
· Knowledge of one or multiple backends (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Kafka) would be a plus
· Knowledge about logging and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Logstash
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.