A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS’s technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients’ needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled individual with software development and platform engineering skills to join the Odyssey engineering team. As a Senior Java DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for helping us to develop and support the bank’s strategic developer enablement & innovation platform.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Innovate strategic solutions within the DevOps space with a focus on Continuous Delivery and Deployment.
- Design, develop and deliver to production enterprise grade applications in Java using frameworks such as Spring Boot, Saltstack and Kubernetes.
- Customize and extend commercial and open source solutions by creating, for example, plugins for tools such as Jenkins, Jira and Bitbucket.
- Identify different opportunities for the application of machine learning and automation within the platform.
- Develop and maintain strategic development platform with a view to improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience.
- Provide operational support for the Odyssey platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks.
- Provide technical expertise for the community and collaborate with other engineering teams across the bank.
- Act as subject matter expert for the IT developer community and other stakeholders.
- Review the platform and ensure the firm’s mandatory obligations are met.
This role is open to discussion regarding flexible / agile working.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in delivery of innovative software solutions.
- Strong software development skills with a focus on Java application development.
- Strong capability to design highly available, scalable and resilient applications/architectures.
- Knowledge around building maintainable and automated tests with frameworks such as Junit, TestNG and Selenium.
- Good understanding of installing, maintaining and monitoring Java applications on Linux.
- Dedicated, results-oriented individual with an ability to own, manage and deliver projects.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
For more information visit Technology Careers