We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a DevOps engineer for our Cloud Platform Services team in Nantes. Talend Management Platform is a project where we develop micro services eg. Identity & Access Management, Logging, Security, Metrics collection services etc. which can be consumed by all Talend applications and products. You will work in a polyvalent team in charge of building and running heavily used services.
You will work on a freshly Kubernetized application. The technologies in use are Java 8, Springboot and Karaf. It uses Docker, Kubernetes and modern CI / CD technology. We intensively used tools like Pingdom, Elasticsearch, Prometheus. The backend in use are Postgresql, Redis, AMQ, Kafka, MongoDB, Zookeeper.
· With your team, ensure Talend cloud management platform services run efficiently in production (SLA 99.9% - 99.95% SLO)
· Maintain technical operations for our Talend Cloud development/prototyping infrastructure. Be responsible for troubleshooting issues at systems, network, and application stacks
· Be accountable for troubleshooting Talend development and prototyping infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks
· Collaborating with other team members in investigating and resolving technical or performance issues and performing root cause analysis
· Implementing tactical and long-terms product scalability, maintainability improvements (could be architecture, code, script or documentation related)
· Develop effective alerts and responses to both identify and address reliability risks.
· Implement automated testing solution for non-functional requirements such as HA/DR testing, security, and performance
· Participate in architecture discussions
· Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
· Push DevOps / SRE methodology across R&D organization and operations
· Provide support, including occasional on-call duty activities (during office hours), to a team maintaining Talend Cloud production infrastructure
· Experience in software development
· Cloud engineering experience
· Bachelor’s in computer science or a relevant field
· Experience with high demanding environments (SLA 99.5% and more)
· Experience with containers (Docker) and Kubernetes (Helm, Flux, Traefik, AKS/EKS)
· Strong working knowledge of Linux (RedHat/CentOS or other) systems and applications including Java, ElasticSearch, ActiveMQ, Nginx,
· Experience with administering AWS. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure or other IaaS/PaaS Infrastructures is a plus
· Experience with IaaC / configuration mgmt. / systems automation tools at scale (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
· Experience with network management systems and network monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, LogStash
· Experience with Jenkins (configuration, implementing CI pipelines via code, maintenance)
· Proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Bash, Groovy, etc.)
· Experience with messaging tools (Kafka, Active MQ)
· Experience with supervision tools (like Pingdom)
· Experience with database administration (e.g. PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Prometheus) would be a plus
· Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Strong ownership, proactively communication and identification of topics to work on
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.