PDI, the leader in enterprise management software for the convenience retail and petroleum wholesale markets, delivers solutions to connect to intelligent business. Our people-first approach, combined with our 35-year heritage and best-in-class technology, helps our customers thrive in today’s digital economy. We’re passionate about our customers’ & employees’ success and delivering exceptional experiences. Our vision is simple: we want to be the global leader in enterprise management software to the convenience retail and petroleum wholesale industries, and we’re well on our way. People often say it takes a village to raise a child. The same could be said of building a great company. With the help of our amazing team and loyal customers, we’re writing new pages in our success story every day. Join us for the next chapter!
About PDI Logistics
Our comprehensive logistics management solution helps carriers in more than 38 countries safely and profitably deliver over 360 million liters of fuel and petroleum products to their destinations every day. Our PDI Logistics Cloud global solutions maximize productivity and profits, while increasing visibility and control from the rack to the pump.
We are also very excited to launch a new engineering center in Hyderabad, India as part of our global growth and would very much like you to be part of our journey!
If you love to design scalable fault-tolerant systems that can run efficiently with high performance and are eager to learn new technologies and develop new skills, then we have a great opportunity for you: join our PDI family and work closely with other talented PDI engineers to deliver solutions that delight our customers every day!
As a DevOps Engineer IV, you will design, develop & maintain E2E automated provisioning & deployment systems for PDI Logistics solutions. You will also partner with your DevOps engineering team to ensure these automation pipelines are integrated into our standard PDI CI/CD system. You will also partner with the Solution Automation team collaborating to bring test automation to the deployment automation pipeline.
With the variety of environments, platforms, technologies & languages, you must be comfortable working in both Windows & Linux environments, including PowerShell scripting & bash, database administration as well as bare metal virtualization technologies and public cloud environments (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Emphasize the database design and development that reduces the complexity in deployment and maintenance.
- Architect and automate the database continuous integration using SSDT and other automation tools.
- Ensure the database architecture doesn’t have any security leaks exposed during deployments
- Manage database install, configure, monitor and upgrade towards production and non-production environments.
- Provide technical guidance for high availability, replication, encryption and disaster recovery solutions.
- Implement technical support for enterprise monitoring, backup, alerting and security compliance for SQL instances.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of database issues.
- Promote and evangelize Infrastructure-as-code (IaC) design thinking everyday
- Serve as a SME for configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of our key cloud components including our Kubernetes clusters & topologies, their service mesh, API gateway, high perf cache, high perf messaging, data services, etc.
- Maximize selection of portable provisioning and automation tools & frameworks (e.g. Terraform, Packer)
- Develop/administer source code management policies and build definitions for all supported products and maintain relationships with the associated development teams to pursue continuous improvements for both
- Design & implement a container first platform maximizing the CI automation to free up developer time
- Design for minimizing or eliminating product software engineer time spent on implementing cross-cutting concerns such as security, fault tolerance, service scalability and service monitoring
- Design for portability and containerization, supporting deployment to bare-metal PDI data center virtualization platforms (Hyper-V) as well as public clouds: Azure, GCP, AWS
- Bring DevOps technical expertise to a Scrum team of engineers building & supporting our multi-stage, CI/CD hybrid cloud platform
- Take part in the implementation of a full dev-to-deploy CI/CD, including full commit stage static analysis, security analysis, unit test coverage, automated deployment, post-deploy functional automation testing (BDD-based), performance testing and the automated gate criteria which pushes releases through the pipeline all the way to production staging
- Partner with the PDI Tech Services team, collaboratively building our high maturity CI/CD pipeline & container hybrid cloud as we slowly evolve to bringing in the SRE role to operations
- Serve as an administrator for DevOps-managed tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket, providing user support as needed and working to reduce future support tasks via improved automation and training
- Continuously increase knowledge of our systems and solution stacks through active study, research & experimentation, and contribute to team knowledgebase through discussion and documentation.
- Working experience with one or more flavors of SQL RDBMS administration and scripting DDL and DML
- 5+ years of experience into T-SQL, database deployment and database security with MSSQL
- Strong Powershell scripting knowledge in automating SQL Server related tasks.
- Experience with architectural implementation for High availability and Disaster Recovery requirements for database instances.
- Experience with developing enterprise solutions to support backup, monitoring, alerting and patching of MSSQL deployments.
- 10+ years’ experience in SysOps, DevOps or equivalent role
- 2+ years leading DevOps initiatives
- Familiar with some cross-platform provisioning technologies and IaC tools: Rancher, Terraform, Ansible or SaltStack and Hyper-V PowerShell Cmdlets
- Experienced with a provisioning config management & provisioning tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible & Salt
- Experienced in the setup, configuration, care and support of portable cloud technologies such as API gateways, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiar with containerization (Docker), cloud orchestration (Kubernetes or Swarm), Istio & Helm Charts
- Working experience in Windows and Linux systems, CLI and scripting
- Familiar with build automation in Windows and Linux and familiar with the various build tools (MSBuild, Make), package managers (NuGet, NPM, Maven) and artifact repositories (Artifactory, Nexus)
- Programming experience with one or more of C#, Go, Python, C++, Ruby, shell scripts
- Experience with direct customer contact (tech support, customer service, etc.)
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to help others and take action
- Strong written and verbal communication & can translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to socialize ideas and influence decisions without direct authority
- Considers ‘best-practice’ standards, as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Retail and wholesale petroleum industry knowledge & experience preferred
PDI’s employee-oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective field. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and an extensive life enriching benefits package. To review the opportunities available at PDI please visit our career site at [...] PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new-hires using e-Verify.