I. JOB SUMMARY
- Responsible for developing business with key clients.
- Accountable for new business development and revenue from new clients, as well as maintaining current business relationships with existing clients.
II. JOB DUTIES
Strategy & Implementation
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing market
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Engage team members and colleagues to assist in conducting market research, and based on the results recommend and/or implement action plans which maximize underwriting profit potential for the business.
- Develop and implement effective Policies, Guidelines & Procedures to efficiently manage company’s portfolio
- Ensures implementation of “best practices” and monitor the successful execution across all functions to encourage the highest quality producer relations
- Direct monitoring and accountability for performance of all branches in the region
- Analyses business data to establish progress towards goals and identify potential obstacles. Plans and implements corrective actions to improve results as needed
- Implements technology upgrades for alignment with overall technology objectives. Maintains sufficient knowledge of department information systems and related upgrades to assist producers and sales managers as needed.
- Collaborates with other departments, such as underwriting and claims, to achieve goals and maintain acceptable levels of customer satisfaction
- Liaise with other functional groups in-country to ensure appropriate and timely flow of information into and out of the Underwriting; Marketing; Claims; Finance; Legal… departments.
- Ensure accurate and timely reports as required or requested.
- Other duties as discussed and assigned by direct manager.
III. PREPARATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- In-depth knowledge of producer management.
- 10+ years of substantial experience in insurance marketing, business development.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Have a proven track record of successfully managing, coaching and leading sales teams.
- Have a thorough and complete understanding of sale functions, including, but not limited to: Underwriting, Claims, Legal, Marketing and Finance departments.
- Computer literacy, high level of analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent written and spoken English knowledge.
- Excellent judgment and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and supportive of internal and external relationships.