Business Unit :MedSurg Department : Endoscopy Location : Amsterdam
The Job's Mission
The Marketing Director, Endoscopy will have ownership of the existing franchise revenue, market share and portfolio of products and will report directly to the MD Endo, Europe. The successful candidate will have responsibility for formulating and executing an effective strategic sales and marketing plan that would include creating and implementing a strategic plan to drive above market growth and share gains while maximizing new product launches and optimizing key customer relationships across Europe.
The leader will be responsible for centrally planning, organizing, leading all activities of the Endosocpy BU to deliver sustainable growth and drive profitability in Europe. Specific responsibilities include delivering, development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing strategy, budgets, financial plans, and policies related to the Sports Med business unit. Colloboration is essential and driving engagement with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure delivery of appropriate tools and messaging internally and externally.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
- Be a core member of the Endo Business Unit Leadership team and play a key role in the development of cross functional business strategies. All the time driving performance excellence in Sales/Marketing systems and processes for Stryker’s Eondosocpy Division, which consists of Sports Medicine, Visualization and Communications businesses.
- Lead the strategic sales/marketing planning process for the Business Unit, defining its overall strategy and setting key business performance objectives.
- Develop and recommend short and medium term business plans for the BU and associated tactical activities to ensure sales, operating profit and business plans are achieved all the while making sure that a sustainable process is in place to support them.
- Identify and execute on strategic growth opportunities by market via entrance and exit strategies as well as mergers and acquisitions for the business.
- Consult and communicate with all areas of the company especially US & International marketing, new product development, R&D, and global manufacturing to assist in the understanding SYK’s global product marketing and business strategy.
- Define Business Unit Sales Targets and Business Reviews:
- Define the objectives by country and monthly reporting
- Ensure an effective and robust Business Review Process
- Ensure effective Brand and Portfolio alignment.
- Manage Product Launches:
- Work closely with the US and International marketing teams and implement key Brand product introductions in Europe
- Establish an effective product launch process for the Brand that will deliver high impact product launches with excellence in planning, implementation & monitoring.
- Provide direction and leadership to the local marketing organizations as they roll out the launch locally.
- Key events- representation & presentations.
- Manage portfolio and lifecycle across Europe
- Partner with key stake holders on the Market Development team to help develop appropriate business and market intelligence strategies including marketing communication materials and with both global and in local market product positioning and key selling strategies and associated messaging.
- Establish strong collobroative relationships with International and US Marketing teams, win buy-in to both divisional strategies from European organization and to European strategies from the US global divisions.
- Effectively collaborate and liaise with the International Marketing groups, MFG Divisions and Training & Education teams to ensure Europe’s sales and marketing needs are met.
- Proactively identify, analyze and manage business improvement opportunities and mitigate business risks.
- Establish and cultivate close relationships with key opinion leaders across Europe
- Degree educated, MBA/Business Masters is desirable
- Fluency in English essential
- Another European language is desirable
The ideal candidate should have proven track record in European marketing and/or sales management/leadership in a multinational medical device company including:
- Consistent career progression, primarily in marketing and/or sales management roles. Is today either in a pan-European sales/marketing role. A combination of marketing and P&L experience is ideal.
- Strong leadership and business acumen capabilities.
- Determined, persistent and excellent influencing skills.
- Proven experience from implementing initiatives resulting in significant market share growth and delivery on financial commitments.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing programs to evaluate market characteristics and trends, and position and differentiate products/services in new and existing markets.
- Strong commercial/financial acumen.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills; strong cross-functional influencing skills; global teamwork and cultural awareness.
- Strong interpersonal skills – the individual requires excellent communication skills (written & verbal) plus the ability to relate well to colleagues & surgeons from varied divisions markets & cultures.
- Strategic – A strong strategy based thinker looks at theshort and long term impact of decisions made
- High achiever – Is creative & seeks at all times to deliver the best in an agreed timeframe
- Activator – A self starter who can multi task & initiate new ideas and motivate others
- Positive thinker – Through their communication & actions is able to convince and enthuse others
- Focussed / Disciplined – Can be relied upon to get the job done
- Is a team player – NOT a ‘committee’ member, but someone who is willing /able to share ideas, plans,responsibilities etc with others.
- Embody trust, integrity and ethics inside and outside the company
- Change agent - ability to challenge the status quo and the ability to manage and deliver change
- Result oriented – strong result orientation with a track record for delivering exceptional results
- Managing Diverse Relationships - Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
Work From Home: OccasionalTravel Percentage: 50%