Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Purpose of the position :
• Lead, lead, manage and develop a team of Scientific Affairs / Medical Scientist (MS) managers in compliance with the ethical rules of internal compliance, pharmaceutical regulations at national level and without any promotional character.
• Contribute to the coordination of medical and scientific activities in the Therapeutic Area (including advisory boards, scientific training programs, symposia, partnerships, participation in congresses) and ensure their implementation and respect for deadlines and budgets; this includes proofreading and validation of all media (hardware or electronic) used by its teams in order to best meet the needs of healthcare professionals.
• Get involved in the main MS projects to supervise and coordinate them. Contribute proactively to the therapeutic area strategy for Gilead France at a national and regional level. As such, the MS Manager interacts with internal collaborators from other departments as well as with international collaborators.
This function reports to the Director of Medical Affairs of Liver Diseases area (hepatitis).
Main activities :
The MS Manager will lead and coach the team he supervises :
- Supervise the regional action plans of the MS and monitor their execution
- Ensure the administrative follow-up of all MS activities
- Coach (in charge of integration, training and development), supervise and carry out performance evaluations of each MS through active observation of the team and its members
- Define clear collective and individual objectives; set up a process for regular monitoring of the progress of objectives
- Supervise operations, develop strategic objectives for medical affairs at the national level
- Coordinate meetings involving MS with internal Gilead decision makers
• Project participation :
- Manage specific key projects and / or serve as a relay and support for complex projects - Lead multidisciplinary and / or global strategic projects
- Provide quality information on clinical innovations
- Guarantee healthcare professionals a rapid, precise and succinct response and objective, coherent and relevant clinical and scientific presentations, in response to requests for information, in accordance with internal rules and regulations
- Coordinate participation in expert advisory committees, conferences and "Medical education" programs; Coordinate MSs as part of approval processes for researcher-sponsored research
• Participation in the implementation of the Therapeutic Area strategy :
- Make a strategic contribution on how to explain and communicate information related to the drug portfolio
- Contribute to the development of the national medical affairs action plan
- Execute strategic plans in line with the medical affairs action plan
- Collaborate effectively and in compliance with applicable rules with colleagues in other functional areas such as clinical research, medical project managers, sales and marketing, etc.
- Develop interactions and coordination between regional scientific managers (MS), care pathway project managers (if applicable), sales directors and regional attachés.
- Immediately transmit any information relating to adverse events and special situations
- Ensure compliance with the above provisions by his team
• Pharmaceutical claims
- Transmit to the Department of Regulatory Affairs information relating to any pharmaceutical complaint
- Ensure compliance with the above provisions by his team
• Medical Information
-Ensure the transmission to the Department of Medical Information of questions asked by health professionals
- Ensure compliance with the above provisions by his team.
• Legal / Business Conduct:
- Within the framework of the Anti-Gifts Law, ensure within the required timeframes the transmission of all the information necessary for the completion of the formalities required with the competent authorities
- As part of the publication of links of interest, ensure within the time limits the transmission to the team in charge of Links Transparency of all the information necessary for the accomplishment of the required publications on the public database Health Transparency
- Higher scientific degree (i.e. doctor of medicine, pharmacy or science) with at least 2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical company (including an MS role and / or clinical practice) - Fluent French / English - Work independently - Strong organizational skills, while paying attention to detail - Multi-tasking and project management ability - Work in a team and transverse
5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical company (including an MS role and / or clinical practice in the therapeutic field) with experience in managing medical teams.
Gilead Core Values
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.comEqual Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.