The Director of Knowledge, Industry Groups (IGs) will develop and implement a Knowledge strategy for the IGs, partnering with the relevant Steering Committees (SC) to ensure the strategy fully meets the IGs’ strategy and objectives. Ensure that the Knowledge systems, projects, and policies in the IGs meet the needs of both the IGs and the Firm’s wider Knowledge strategy. Lead or contribute to strategic projects to advance the Firm’s Knowledge initiatives and strategy.
- Develop and implement a Knowledge strategy for the IGs, ensuring that it underpins and furthers the IGs’ business goals and that it is appropriately communicated within all the IGs.
- Support the Global Director for Knowledge (GDK) in the implementation of the global Knowledge strategy, ensuring that the IGs’ Knowledge Plans are fully aligned, and take a lead role on global Knowledge projects and initiatives as and when required.
- Advise the IG Leaders and Directors of Business Management across the IGs on Knowledge issues and strategy as required and work with them to prioritize projects.
- Ensure that the IGs have the Knowledge talent that they need to meet their goals, making a business case for additional hires as required, and managing the Lead Knowledge Lawyers across the Global Industry Groups.
- Partner closely with the IG Lead Knowledge Lawyers to ensure the IGs’ Business Plans reflect the contribution that the Knowledge team can make and that such contributions are implemented IGs.
- Work with the Lead Knowledge Lawyers to take responsibility for all legal content in the IGs, with the ultimate goal of ensuring that a comprehensive set of first-class know how materials is accessible to all lawyers in the IGs globally.
- Work with the IG Lead Knowledge Lawyers to identify existing and missing content and precedents for the IGs and service lines as needed in all key markets, to develop a core precedent roadmap and to ensure that gaps are closed as a matter of priority.
- Input into the IGs’ Knowledge pages on BakerWorld to ensure they are in line with Firm standards, aligned across the IGs and structured in an accessible way and kept up to date.
- Develop relationships with lawyers who have expertise relevant to the IGs, building communities of interest and facilitating the sharing of expertise.
- Ensure that all content is of a first-class standard and that quality control measures are implemented and follow ed consistently.
- Work with the IG Lead Knowledge Lawyers to create a core training curriculum for the IGs and manage its implementation, working with the Lead Knowledge Lawyers to ensure accessibility of high-quality training materials for each topic in the core curriculum. Link the IG's training program to the IG Knowledge strategy and to broader Firm training initiatives.
- Build systems and processes to ensure the Knowledge team monitors, analyzes and informs the IGs of legal developments and trends, articulating how these legal developments and trends will affect the IGs’ practice areas and their clients.
- Lead the IGs’ efforts to find innovative ways of using their know how to add value to key client relationships, by ensuring that the Lead Knowledge Lawyers provide the IGs with timely material to facilitate frequent interaction with clients.
- Work with the Business Development, Marketing & Communications team to identify opportunities for client alerts, opportunities to pitch to the press, or to develop external webinar or seminar series, picking out key developments and “hot topics” that provide an opportunity to show case the Firm’s expertise and insight.
- Collaborate closely with the Directors of Knowledge and Lead Knowledge Lawyers supporting other practice and industry groups, sharing best practices with them and learning from them in order to ensure alignment of the IGs’ Knowledge plans and objectives with those of other groups.
- Create and develop a strong Knowledge community within the IGs, ensuring that all Knowledge staff with an interest in the IGs’ work are in regular contact with each other.
- Help establish a know ledge-sharing culture within the Firm and the IGs in particular through focused communications to publicize the benefits of Knowledge.
- Help develop and promote the Firm’s Knowledge systems and other knowledge repositories, such as the global know how system, liaising with users to gather feedback and actively promoting use of the systems within the IGs.