Independent retirement home in the Niagara Area actively seeking an experienced Director of Care/Operations Manager who is an RN or RPN – preference given to applicant with working experience within the Retirement Home or Long-Term Care industry.
We have currently more than 60 residents. We are family owned so if you are looking for a large corporate environment then we are not for you.
Duties include all aspects of administration management associated with Resident Care by Nursing and PSW/UCP staff.
Salary is commensurate on experience, capabilities and accepted industry standard for a Director of Care/Operations manager in this size retirement home.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
Reporting to the Owner of the home, the Director of Care is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the overall nursing program for residents within the home.
· To facilitate and promote the interdisciplinary approach within the home through the Nursing, Dietary, Recreation, Environmental Service and Administrative Departments
· To review all resident applications for admission to determine appropriate level of care; assist with processing of admission and discharge papers
· To implement and monitor control and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics supervise the drug administration program including the administration of medication by all registered staff
· To direct and monitor the maintenance of health care records to ensure compliance with regulations and quality care for the resident
· To participate in Care Conferences as appropriate, meet with residents/family to resolve problems/ concerns/complaints
· To collaborate with the Medical Advisor to ensure that medical attention and records are in compliance with regulations
· To hire, orient, schedule & ensure staff are knowledgeable about RHRA compliance requirements.
· To monitor and review resident care staff compliance with all facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices
· To comply with all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations
· To assist the Owner with Payroll, budget preparation and implementation for the Nursing Department
· To participate in the review process by regulatory bodies
· To investigate, document and resolve complaints from staff, residents and families.
· To co-ordinate and monitor the Infection Control Program for the Nursing Department. To implement and monitor COVID-19 screening process.
· To assume administrative duties as required in the ED’s absence
· To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity.
· To complete all other duties as assigned
· Supervise and evaluate the performance of nursing personnel; including use of disciplinary process in conjunction with Executive Director.
· Minimum of one (3) year of experience working as a R N or RPN in the retirement home industry or long-term care sector
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a RN or RPN in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
· Current registration as a RN or RPN with the RNO is required as well as the successful completion of Nursing Unit Administrator Program, BScn, MN, or equivalent and a program in Gerontology or equivalent
· A minimum of three years relevant experience in organizational management and/or long-term care
· Current C.P.R. designation required
· Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
· Possession of strong motivational, team building and time management skills
· Professional competencies related to life-long learning, public relations and health environment awareness
· Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
· Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
· Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $58,500.00 per year