ROSEWOOD VIENNA TO OPEN IN 2022
Rosewood Vienna will open in 2022 as the brand’s fifth property in Europe. Housed in an historic 18th century building which was the former headquarters for Erste Group Bank AG, Rosewood Vienna will be ideally situated on Petersplatz, one of the most famous squares in Vienna’s Old Town.
Rosewood Vienna will combine the best of European architecture and design with a refined yet modern style. The hotel will offer 99 spacious guestrooms and suites, all of which will feature separate spaces for entertainment and relaxation.
The property will feature a variety of dining and entertainment options, including a rooftop bar with exceptional views of the city and an intimate restaurant in a garden setting serving European cuisine and carefully crafted beverages appealing to guests and locals alike.
Rosewood Vienna will also feature Sense, A Rosewood Spa, which will serve as a private sanctuary for relaxation away from the busy sights and sounds of the city.
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts operates a distinctive collection of 28 iconic hotels and resorts in 16 countries around the world. Guided by our A Sense of Place® philosophy, each property offers residential-style luxury, intuitive service, and a distinct character inspired by the culture, history, geography and community of its locale.
Our leadership team, as a collective, lend a diverse and dynamic approach to leading in our company and industry. Enriching the lives of our guests, associates and their communities, through Relationship Hospitality.
We are currently looking for a Director of Talent & Culture to join our Executive team at Rosewood Vienna. The Director of Talent & Culture reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for the entire T&C lifecycle. The Director of Talent and Culture will inspire the imagination of a team of Talent & Culture professionals to attract, develop and retain talent through workforce planning, leadership development, training, performance management, talent acquisition, associate relations, compensation and benefits, and other Talent & Culture strategies.
Key expectations of this role:
• Partner with stakeholders including hotel owners, external partners, Executive Committee and corporate office on all people related topics.
• Act as an business partner, advisor and coach to the Executive Committee and Department Heads to ensure high engagement levels, people development and highest associate retention to strengthen the company culture.
• Manage an efficient and well organised department, ensuring all associates are well trained and highly motivated.
• Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in line with local employment laws.
• Manage the annual Talent and Culture budget and forecast, year-end compensation processes of salary and bonus review.
• Manage payroll cost without impact on brand, or quality standards.
• Proactively attract and select talent for all Hotel Departments in line with company procedures and culture.
• Working closely with other Executive Committee members in a supportive manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel.
• Experience in a similar role, in an opening hotel is highly preferred.
• Excellent analytical, financial management skills and the ability to manage complex budgets.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with all levels of the business.
• Broad experience and knowledge of all HR disciplines with emphasis on Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, Rewards, and HRIS System.
• Experience of leading and managing the performance of a Talent and Culture Team.
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of the market, both locally and internationally, and an ability to identify and monitor trends in the market.
• Experience building and nurturing strong relationships with all associates in the hotel.
• Proven experience of managing various stakeholders, including external partners and owners.