Eurosender is a modern digital platform that combines advanced automation capabilities, empowering companies to create their own digital logistics department and increase their performance. We are building the industry’s most comprehensive logistics platform that is able to capture the digital demand of shippers in different geographies, draw prospective clients and identify the best logistics solutions for their shipping needs. Presently uniting over 100 team members, we are looking for a highly qualified logistics professional to join us in the challenge of digitally transforming one of the biggest industries.
The Director of Logistics responds to the CEO and plays a key role in the future growth of Eurosender’s logistics network, accelerating our mission of modernizing the old logistics industry and its obsolete processes by bringing in traditional logistics expertise. The main place of work for the position is in Luxembourg and requiring frequent travel abroad.
The Director of Logistics is responsible for progressing and sustaining an international logistics network. The person in this role will develop an overall negotiations and carrier selection approach ensuring the support and expansion of business opportunities. The Director of Logistics assures alignment with competitive business strategy through cross-functional collaboration and provision of logistics expertise to other departments.
Eurosender is headquartered in Luxembourg, LU and has offices in Luxembourg, Ljubljana and Kiev.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expand, build and manage a scalable and optimized logistics network,
- Identify new carrier partners, negotiate contracts and optimal rates,
- Manage, evaluate and maintain lasting relationships with established partners,
- Provide expert logistics supervision in the development and pricing of new products,
- Train, advise, recommend and implement improvements or modifications of procedures and methods at the operational level,
- Monitor the freight market regularly for opportunities and risks to report trends and provide vision to other departments.
- 10+ years of experience in freight forwarding or a company with large scale and diverse international logistics needs,
- Proven working experience in establishing connections and leading complex negotiations with carriers,
- Expert knowledge in road freight and a good grasp in other modes of transportation,
- Solid understanding of small parcel delivery and express shipping methods,
- Fluent in English,
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation, supply chain management or logistics is a plus.
- Skilled in negotiations and networking with established industry connections and resources,
- Proficiency in sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market,
- The capacity to take calculated risks and make strategic, results oriented decisions while accepting responsibility for the results,
- Display understanding, empathy and patience with employees and partners,
- Collaborative and willing to engage in an environment of active knowledge sharing.