Are you curious, do you love your customers and proactively engage with them to address their needs? Are you an inspirational leader with experience in driving organic growth and customer success in the Transit, Transportation or Public Safety domain? Do you consider yourself reliable, trustworthy & team player while empowering yourself to make things happen? Then Enghouse Transportation & Public Safety Director of Operations can be a position for you.
This position reports to the General Manager, Transportation & Public Safety. We are looking to hire a strong, operational leader to oversee a team of customer support, managed and professional services delivery organization spread out over multiple countries and time zones. As leader of this organization you will be responsible for driving Services Revenue, Profitability and Customer Success.
What will you be doing?
You will be accountable for the operational leadership and P&L for the following key areas: Customer Support, Hosted and SaaS Operations, and Professional Services. You will have ownership of key business practices, which include monthly KPI reports and quarterly business reviews with key customers, to ensure that key metrics are regularly being met within the organization.
Customer Support, Hosted & SaaS Operations: At Enghouse recurring revenue is our area of greatest focus.
- Ensure quarter on quarter organic growth in recurring revenue.
- Assess, improve, and maintain processes to proactively mitigate churn and evaluate customer satisfaction while ensuring that organizational Customer Success standards and best practices are being met.
- Coach the team to identify new revenue opportunities, opportunities to sell new modules, add on functionality, with a view to customer retention and growth of recurring revenue.
Professional Services: your mandate will be to organically grow revenue and improve profitability. This either follows a new product sale or managing existing Time and Material (T&M) PS contracts.
- You have an eye for detail, can manage customer expectations, oversee scope, mitigate scope creep, develop strong statements of works, can negotiate well and consistently apply our guidelines in proposals to ensure operating metrics.
- Partner with the sales organization to help win deals and direct professional services engagements for deployment of solutions.
- Track individual project profitability and ensure good business for Enghouse. This is done by closely watching staffing and utilization rates and look at ways to improve utilization across the team.
- Focus the team and proposals on revenue recognition, invoicing and billing milestones with a view to narrowing the order to cash gap and improving DSOs.
- Bring best practices in project management to the team and be a strong coach for our project managers.
- You are not afraid to get in front of key customer stakeholders. You bring a professional presence when dealing with key customer escalations and look for way to resolve problems while negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Look at effectively blending an inhouse and outsourcing models to achieve better efficiency and profitability.
We emphasize the importance of:
- 5+ years of experience leading a distributed, multi-country Services Delivery organization in the Transit, Transportation or Public Safety domain.
- 5+ years of experience leading Recurring revenue (Customer Support, Hosted, SaaS) operations of products/solutions, ideally within the Transit, Transportation or Public Safety domain, managing support teams and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Proven people, business and thought leadership to be a manager & leader of this business operations.
- Highly developed knowledge to understand the financial numbers and take proactive actions to meet company KPIs.
- 5+ years of experience in successfully driving complex projects to completion.
- Excellent skills in driving behavioral change across the teams.
- 5+ years leadership experience in an Agile and Lean environment across countries, as manager and/or leadership positions.
- You are fluent writing and speaking in English (Dutch and Norwegian would be considered an asset).
- Strong domain competence in Transit, Transportation or Public Safety.
About Enghouse Transportation & Public Safety
Improving transportation services for over 35 years. Enghouse Transportation & Public Safety strives to be the world’s most reliable technology partner. We provide critical services for individuals, communities, and the local economy – so Customers need to be confident that their operations are running on solid, scalable, cutting-edge technologies.
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Enghouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer.