Ice Mortgage Technology is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ice Mortgage Technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit IceMortgageTechnology to learn more.
ICE Mortgage Technology products help our customers maintain compliance in the constantly evolving regulatory landscape of the mortgage industry. Our clients choose ICE Mortgage Technology largely because of our compliance expertise and our ability to deliver products that help them ensure their compliance with the regulatory landscape in which they operate.
The Director, Product Compliance will be responsible for managing a team and contributing as an individual to the implementation and maintenance of residential mortgage lending compliance and industry changes across the company’s various software applications, systems, and mortgage loan documents in order to maintain and enhance the compliance integrity of such applications, systems, and documents, while supporting and improving quality, accuracy, and uniformity across all residential mortgage lending products and services offered by the company. This is also an outbound industry and customer facing position.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for improvement in the quality, accuracy, and uniformity of compliance changes in Encompass, including the Encompass Document Engine, Encompass Input Screens, Encompass Calculations, Encompass Output Forms, Initial Disclosure Output Forms, Encompass Closer Output Forms, and all other products, calculations, and services.
- Assist in implementing compliance requirements into other systems, products and services in addition to the CORE Encompass system, such as Consumer Connect, LO Connect, TPO Connect, etc.
- Provide support to additional product lines and affiliate organizations, including MERS, Simplifile, other business channels to ensure compliance requirements are incorporated and up to date.
- Provide assistance to Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support Teams with escalated residential mortgage loan compliance as necessary.
- Contribute to product compliance business and functional design and development, especially on the new document engine.
- Stay abreast of specifications, requirements, and design documents for correct compliance implementation and system results.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with legal and product teams to ensure that changes in laws and regulations are appropriately incorporated.
- Manage and direct the activities of the product compliance team to ensure they are timely meeting the needs of the company and that compliance requests are documented, tracked and administered in an efficient and effective manner for all products and services.
- Draft procedures to document the product compliance teams’ process flows and duties.
- Contribute to maintaining internal compliance documentation and matrices.
- Maintain relationships and participation with industry players: MBA, ABA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, MISMO.
- Participate in Compliance webinars, presentations, teaching, as requested (internally and externally with industry players).
- SME for monitoring Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) changes.
- Assist with additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Compliance Officer or other key stakeholders in the legal and compliance department.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Skills)
- Expertise in residential mortgage lending compliance evidenced by a minimum of 10 years of consumer residential mortgage compliance experience
- Experience directly related to mortgage compliance technology products and services, including knowledge of loan origination systems, residential mortgage loan documents, and the delivery of compliance solutions through technology. Knowledge of Encompass and/or agile processes a plus
- Strong knowledge of federal and multistate consumer lending compliance
- Strong knowledge of business/industry requirements
- Experience advising and working with a team of leaders and individual contributors across multiple geographic locations
- Proven track record of collaborating in a highly cross-functional environment
- Ability to learn quickly, to grasp complex compliance issues, and to apply them through technology
- Oriented toward detail and execution, with ability to lead multiple critical projects at once
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-motivated as well as a strong team player
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel knowledge
- Education: JD, CRCM, CRM, CERP, or related risk/compliance certification preferred
Ice Mortgage Technology is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.