Purpose of the Position:
The role offers the ideal candidate an exciting and high-profile opportunity to influence the operational trajectory of the global expansion of the SCMP advertising & marketing solutions business. This highly visible role acts as an advisor to the SVP of the AMS team and is responsible for helping scale the business globally and crack the most important operational issues facing the business while it continues to grow.
- Lead projects with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners to make data-driven decisions on topics including:
- new market development and structuring
- sales incentive design
- forecast modeling
- territory optimization
- rules of engagement
- product mix analysis
- account portfolio potential and sales target setting
- sales team performance metrics, systems tracking and reporting
- client retention and churn analysis
- Establish strong working relationships with business strategy, sales leadership, compensation, finance, and systems teams to achieve department objectives.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the APAC market and leverage that expertise for insightful, data-supported decision-making for the Advertising team.
- Act as the owner of Salesforce system to optimize sales productivity, transparency of business process and collaboration among sales teams in different regions.
- Become a “go-to” resource for senior leadership for ad-hoc analysis and projects to drive continued operational excellence within the region.
- Play a vital role in driving annual forecasting and strategic planning process through data-driven recommendations
- Improve efficiency of sales operation and provide customer focused service to the sales teams.
- MA/MS/MBA degree in business or related field
- 2+ years of experience working in the media industry or in sales organizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience in financial modelling, data analysis, and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision making.
- Expert knowledge of GSuite (Gmail, Drive etc.)
- Excellent communication, project and time management, writing and presentation skills with the ability to confidently interact with senior management
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com, SQL/relational databases, Hadoop and reporting tools like Tableau an advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.