PrismHR is expanding its technology leadership team and has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Software Engineering. In this role, you will manage, develop, and mentor the leadership, technical and best practice capabilities for several of our software development teams, supporting both current and next generation technology initiatives.
As a Director of Software Engineering at PrismHR, you’ll grow and lead high performance software engineering teams that consistently deliver on commitments with continuous quality and efficiency improvements. Initially, this role will have oversight over a growing team of development engineers, quality engineers, and technical leads, matrixed across several of our agile “product delivery teams,” with potential for more with success in the role and continued company growth.
This position requires a demonstrated, hands-on leader with the ability to coach software engineers and managers in all phases of software development, including planning, coding, testing, troubleshooting, deployment and ongoing maintenance.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 15+ years of overall software development experience, with 7+ in team leadership roles, which includes experience managing managers, and managing multiple teams.
- Prior experience integrating a highly successful offshore contingent into software development teams.
- Solid software engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design of complex systems, which includes web-based enterprise platforms.
- Strong understanding of engineering software processes, life-cycle methodology, configuration management, release management, and quality assurance.
- Experience with DevOps technologies and principles, with proven example having implemented test driven development and/or automated unit testing techniques.
- Prior experience and interest in legacy system modernization initiatives.
- Prior experience and familiarity with open source technologies.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and analysis, and exceptional communication skills. Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization. Proven ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, and interact with partners and customers directly, with a passion to solve for the customer.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed, with top-notch interpersonal and communication skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, M.S. preferred
Duties and responsibilities
- Direct software engineering efforts for assigned development teams charged with extending current generation products, delivering our next generation technologies, as well as for ongoing maintenance and mission critical response.
- Proactively manage the growth, training, structure and capabilities of assigned development teams. Mentor engineers on design, development, and best practice concepts, and develop PrismHR’s next generation of technology leaders.
- Partner with our architecture team to deliver upon scalable, secure, and maintainable technology evolution initiatives, while proactively driving down technical debt.
- Collaborate with product owners to translate business requirements into well-formed, actionable user stories and designs.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, reduced code complexity and other quality improvements in our code base and tools.
- Reinforce a philosophy of modular, well specified, understood and documented software architecture and design, with an eye toward efficiency and future maintainability.
- Collaborate with Product Delivery leadership to progress, monitor, and continually evolve our agile processes and software development practices.
- Ensure team commitment to following PrismHR’s adopted SDLC, and adhering to our SOC 2 policies and controls.
- First and foremost through example, champion a culture of commitment, accountability, teamwork and excellence.
- Employ a measurement and metrics driven approach to monitoring team productivity and quality of output.
PrismHR provides a seamless, cloud-based human capital management platform offering applicant tracking and recruiting, human resource management, benefits administration, time and attendance, and payroll and tax administration. Our full suite of human capital management solutions help companies with hourly workforces recruit, staff, manage and pay their employees. To learn more, please visit www.PrismHR.com .
As a high-growth, pre-IPO Company, EPAY Systems offers a competitive salary and career growth potential in addition to:
- Challenging, fun and rewarding work environment
- Performance bonuses
- Major medical, accidental, and Life insurance Business casual dress attire
Are you interested in hearing about new opportunities at EPAY Systems in real time? Enter your email address to be notified automatically when new positions are posted.