The Music Culture & Editorial team is looking for an Editor to join their team!
The Editor will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres.
You demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
This role reports to the Lead Editor in Brazil.
Please submit your resume in English
What you’ll do
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists for different genres across a variety of audiences, moods, and moments
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for the Brazilian audience (i.e. the perfect music for a dinner party with friends or the best running playlist.)
- Utilize analytics and data to inform curation decisions and achieve optimal performance of editorial content
- Listen to music from a wide range of genres and identify appropriate programming opportunities
- Collaborate with a global and regional editorial team on a variety of projects
- Partner with a cross-functional team to develop playlist brands, marketing campaigns, and other initiatives
- Provide a strong, unbiased editorial voice to build a first-class user experience
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in music programming/curation, or in an audience-focused role
- Knowledgeable of music trends across Brazil both currently and historically
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Adept at assessing, evaluating and categorizing large amounts of new music in all genres
- A deep understanding of, and experience with, Spotify as a user
- Team spirit, high efficiency and excellent work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and sharp attention to detail
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- The ability to excel in individual work as well as with a cross-functional team
- Technical proficiency with common Mac/iOS/Google/Android software
- Ability to travel when needed
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.