The electronics design engineer is responsible for detailed electronics design, verification and project follow up of new and existing electronics boards used in the different products.
- Execute detailed electronics design: starting from a requirement specification, design the electronic schematics for different electronic boards used in products such as lights and regulators or power units
- Cooperate with integration of the software & power electrics into a new product; provide clear interfaces towards software and power electrics
- Follow up the PCB design (layout & placement of components) & production methods
- Verify the electronic circuits at low level (normal path, error path) and at functional level (fail safe mode, behavior under load and stress conditions – circuit stability tests), including FMEA method
- Cooperate in establishing the product specification and product documentation (manuals, leaflets)
- Provide maintenance of existing products during product life cycle
- Build up knowledge of business standards (FAA, ICAO, …) & participate in activities to improve these business standards
- Provide technical support to other departments
- Prospect new technology & components
- Continuously search for improvement of design & test tools
- Take part in external relations with innovative suppliers, subcontractors, universities, external laboratories and other business fields.
- Take part in securing of intellectual work through the generation of invention disclosures and patents.
- Adhere to all relevant administrative requirements, policies and procedures and respect confidentiality of data and compliance rules.
- Evaluate competitor products, follow up new products in the AGL market
- Electronic, Electro-mechanical Engineer (or equivalent by experience)
- Min. 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in working in electrical labo environment (safety)
- Any experience in working with constant current circuits & power supplies is a plus
Skills and Personal Qualifications:
- Knowledge of design & development of electronic circuits digital & analogue
- Knowledge of modern processors (e.g. ARM family) and electrical/electronic components
- Familiar with EMC design rules (both conductive & emission) & test methods
- Good skills in electrical circuit drawing & interpretation
- Knowledge of test tools for electronics (oscilloscope, power analyser, spectrum analyser, PC control)
- Professional experience with relevant international and national standards (FAA, ICAO, …) and CE/EMC/IEC requirement
- Ability for creative, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Willingness to travel and to stay abroad for short periods.
- Great English language proficiency
- Any and all other languages are a plus, especially Mandarin Chinese.
Ready for take off? Check-in now!