Converter Electrical Engineer
PT, Porto | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 9622
Are you interested in working in an International Environment? Do you want to build your career in Converter Electrical Engineer ? Then keep reading, this could be the next step on your career.
Design Centre Porto
Required Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
Your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Power electronic converter circuit analysis and design.
- Analysis, simulation and test of higher-frequency behavior in power electronic and connected circuits, including converter, cables, transformer, machine, circuit resonances, stray current paths, electro-magnetic conducted emissions.
Serial product development:
- Technical Lead of engineering team through new product design
- Systems Engineering process adherence through concept-requirements-design-verification-handover
- Risk analysis and quality assurance
- Facilitate breakdown of design tasks from system to components & control SW setting - success criteria
- Focus on performance indicators and verification status
Specific knowledge of:
- Power electronic converters in relevant power and voltage class
- Working understanding of circuit design and operation, and of principal components
- Design drivers for converter performance, like efficiency, power density, failure rate, safety
- Own ability to simulate & design parts of product
- Working understanding of how to design & verify complex systems
- Lab testing and verification methodology for specific reliability targets
- Circuit components and their HF properties, Modelling and simulation of these
- Circuit design to control HF currents
- Design according to standards. Verification of compliance.
Your qualifications include:
- A bachelor/master in a relevant area, i.e. power electronics, electrical engineering
- Experience from power electronics design
- Experience in working with test and verification of power electronics
- Good communication skills
- Experienced in project execution in matrix organization
- You are process oriented and have a structured way to work
- You have a proactive personality, good communication and stakeholder management
- You naturally lead, guide, advise and share knowledge with team and stakeholders
- You are a strong networker and able to build, develop and maintain relationships in a global environment
- You possess English skills at a high level
- You should believe in and comply to our values of Collaboration, Simplicity and Accountability
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.