TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You are enrolled in a master engineering study (Automotive, Electronics or Computer Science)
• Creative customer oriented mindset to support continuous improvement
• You have (or you are willing to develop) a good understanding of application lifecycle management and validation process,
• You have already demonstrated programming skills in past projects (Python, C++, …),
• Experience in mixed hardware and software projects is also considered as an asset.
• You have a strong interest in automotive and electronics systems.
You have a “Toyota DNA”, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets,
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions,
• Have strong planning and organization skills,
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others,
• Enjoy a multicultural and international environment
• Have a creative mind,
• Have excellent communication skills.
Within Electronics Engineering division, Multimedia team is in working on the development and evaluation of the future in-vehicle infotainment systems. The system development is part of a global activity.
To support the evaluation of multimedia systems, EE Multimedia team is developing an automated test system.
You will contribute to the development of the automated test system focussing on 2 fields:
- Analyse multimedia system specifications and investigate multimedia system gyroscope
- Identify method for simulating vehicle movement through gyro stimulation or simulation
- Integrate the identified method in the automated test bench
- Synchronise the method with already implemented GPS and speed simulations
- Created demo test cases showing the effectiveness of the method
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
Starting date: May 2021 or later
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)